Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Is there no honor among bloggers? Should there be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there no honor among bloggers? Should there be?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by hobo13
TBB and FTG (the guy) are at it again. So maybe not so interesting after all!
Yeah, but what matters is if it is entertaining

The B2B bloggers had a gathering in Charleston. You can put some faces behind the names in this post:

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...day-workshops/

FTG was there too..."...The game has changed tremendously with internet flaming, name-calling, and harassment amongst the frequent flier community."

Really?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I wouldn't say 'never looking back...'

@:-)
They need to make themselves invisible like lucky9876coins. gleff that's a tip if you're reading! Hello!

I'd mark it with red arrows and pointers but i'm not mms
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by hobo13
I've been tempted to start a thread here dedicated to highlighting the latest miles and points flame war going on. Sort of like the car chase channel that popped up after OJ's infamous ride.

Any interest?

Though I guess it would just be one post per day saying: TBB and FTG (the guy) are at it again. So maybe not so interesting after all!
OK, I'm blanking on this one... "TBB" is which one?

I think a thread like this would be entertaining!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by 84fiero
OK, I'm blanking on this one... "TBB" is which one?
TravelBloggerBuzz.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Thanks for helping me out of my blond moment! (we need an embarrassed emoticon, btw)!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:57 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Thanks for helping me out of my blond moment! (we need an embarrassed emoticon, btw)!
There is no need to be embarrassed.

Every time I see the abbreviation VFTW, I think of some organization for American veterans of foreign wars...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by gpapadop

FTG was there too..."...The game has changed tremendously with internet flaming, name-calling, and harassment amongst the frequent flier community."
Stop it. You're making me nostalgic for the old days on Flyertalk circa 2003.

dh
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just use this one: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/image...s/blushing.gif
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Got a lot of funny people in here, you should start your own blog too
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:55 pm

Programs: SQ
It's obvious that a lot of bloggers use FT for their stuff, but also get a lot of tips from readers. The trip reports, and their general thoughts on the industry are all obviously original, while the 'Delta now has MQD's' posts obviously came from FT.

No blogger is that amazing that they could single-handedly discover all the deals. Some just have better 关系, which makes life easier. One instance that comes to mind is Lucky booking LH F using US Air miles. It's not like he's so much better at dialing the US Airways reservations number than the rest of us.....
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:32 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
So, here's my story, which I'm surprised koko didn't mention yet that I've noticed. Just under four years ago, I made this post shortly after the US Airways 250% Holiday Bonus was announced, in the post you can see I clearly implore folks not to publish it beyond FT, which was specifically aimed at the bloggers that were popping up everywhere at that time.

My plea in the thread was ignored, and that very same day gleff was touting the deal on his blog. In the end, US Airways and Track-It-Back both honored the deal until the original expiration date, which surprised me, so no harm done. However, I was still very disappointed at the time that my request not to distribute the deal was not heeded, nor did gleff credit who came up with the deal originally in his post (though he credits vysean for providing specific details).

Whatever ... but then a year or two later I'm on a flight and my wife hands me "Town and Country" magazine and tells me there's a story I might want to read. It's a story about Gary Leff and his exploits as a frequent flyer expert. I wish I could link the article exactly, so I'll have to paraphrase, but it explained how he is very good at math and figured out how to buy miles through the US Airways promotion at such a great rate. In other words, the article gave him credit for figuring out the deal, even though the reality is he just lifted it from Flyertalk, as demonstrated by his own blog post where he credits vysean for how to exploit the deal. This is what they do, the aggrandize themselves for their own gain.

Furthermore, I think he betrayed all of Flyertalk when he quit his elected position on the TalkBoard and as TalkBoard President to start a competing website. I'm just glad I never voted for him, or imagine how much I would dislike him!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Yeah, but what matters is if it is entertaining

The B2B bloggers had a gathering in Charleston. You can put some faces behind the names in this post:

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...day-workshops/

Really?
If I'd known those photos from the sessions were going to make their way onto the interwebs, I probably would've worn a different shirt

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
It's obvious that a lot of bloggers use FT for their stuff, but also get a lot of tips from readers. The trip reports, and their general thoughts on the industry are all obviously original, while the 'Delta now has MQD's' posts obviously came from FT.

No blogger is that amazing that they could single-handedly discover all the deals. Some just have better 关系, which makes life easier. One instance that comes to mind is Lucky booking LH F using US Air miles. It's not like he's so much better at dialing the US Airways reservations number than the rest of us.....
Nice post in your sig!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Just wanted to come by and congratulate everyone on the Charleston event, it looks like it was a lot of fun! ^
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gleff
Just wanted to come by and congratulate everyone on the Charleston event, it looks like it was a lot of fun! ^
Thanks! It was indeed - I had no idea Charleston had such good food, and I had no idea I'd like staying at an Aloft

Next year in Seattle is going to be even better!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by gleff
Not to be a cynical New Yorker, but gleff is here for lots of different reasons.

dh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.