Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Bookings from Non-US Gateway Cities on evaair.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A friend of mine is looking into visiting Taiwan. I am trying to figure out the flights for him on evaair.com. He is starting / ending in DC. Some questions:

1 - website only lists IAD, I guess no way to do DCA or BWI?
2 - I can do JFK-TPE on the dates on BR 31/32 but can't get BR 32 to come up on the return (it routes through the west coast). Is it because the connecting B6 flight is out of the required booking class?
3 - JFK-TPE-JFK is about $400 cheaper than IAD-TPE-IAD. I am pretty sure one can go WAS-JFK/LGA for a lot less. Is there a way for TAs to issue it all on one ticket but break the fares?

What do most people do nowadays? Still use a Chinese TA?

Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by username
A friend of mine is looking into visiting Taiwan. I am trying to figure out the flights for him on evaair.com. He is starting / ending in DC. Some questions:

1 - website only lists IAD, I guess no way to do DCA or BWI?
2 - I can do JFK-TPE on the dates on BR 31/32 but can't get BR 32 to come up on the return (it routes through the west coast). Is it because the connecting B6 flight is out of the required booking class?
3 - JFK-TPE-JFK is about $400 cheaper than IAD-TPE-IAD. I am pretty sure one can go WAS-JFK/LGA for a lot less. Is there a way for TAs to issue it all on one ticket but break the fares?

Thanks.
1. What the website lists is what it has. You can always inquire with a TA. They should have some options(but depends on the airline).
2. Yes. For a multiple journey ticket to show online, all of the sectors must have availability. Otherwise, it will reroute you to one that has seats or just say that it is full.
3. My TA used to do this but it was for a BR ticket. Idk about tickets on other airlines.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:06 pm

BR effectively doesn't serve the east coast of USA except for NYC. Besides NYC, they provide a free shuttle bus service from Philly and other places in New Jersey.

1) BR32 returns too late for any connections beyond JFK. So EVA will only route TPE to east coast via LAX/SFO.
2) Any connecting options for other cities are ridiculous prices or separate PNRs.

Drive/Train/Fly to JFK late night before BR31 departs at 130am. On the return, overnight in JFK or drive. All the west coast options (BR, UA, AC) add several hours to the trip.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:39 pm

In the past I found flying into LAX from the East coast for an EVA flight was cheaper than other options.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! Yeah, I forgot BR32 gets back to NYC too late - had my share of STPC at EWR in the days... I guess this is when we miss the day time JFK flight Maybe wait until they start IAD
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:11 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I forgot BR32 gets back to NYC too late - had my share of STPC at EWR in the days... I guess this is when we miss the day time JFK flight Maybe wait until they start IAD
The 789s being delivered without PE aren't a good sign for IAD.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by glob99
In the past I found flying into LAX from the East coast for an EVA flight was cheaper than other options.
Routing from the East coast to TPE via LAX adds almost 1500 miles to the journey, e.g. JFK-LAX-TPE (9274mi) vs JFK-TPE (7808mi), so about 3 hours of flying time plus layover costs, probably 6 hours total.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.