Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA NRT to SFO one way united points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:36 am
Original Poster

EVA NRT to SFO one way united points

I'm attempting to book a one way ticket from NRT to SFO(laurel class) I looked at random dates in April and May. I'm not finding anything. I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by briang191
I'm attempting to book a one way ticket from NRT to SFO(laurel class) I looked at random dates in April and May. I'm not finding anything. I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
BR (Eva) may not be releasing any advance space. Besides which, NRT-TPE-SFO is an awkward routing. I would be looking for ANA or UA. UA flies its 77W on that route. It's not as good as BR but it's still a good ride.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:15 pm

I wasn't able to find any NRT-TPE availability earlier this year, and also a week or two ago on AP.

FWIW, I was able to upgrade it from Y to J on AP.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Routing via TPE is going to add a minimum of seven hours total travel time compared to NRT-SFO.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mxqisit
I wasn't able to find any NRT-TPE availability earlier this year, and also a week or two ago on AP.

FWIW, I was able to upgrade it from Y to J on AP.
What's AP? I assume y is coach j is business?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:48 am

What's AP? I assume y is coach j is business
Aeroplan, one of the best ways to book EVA with miles.

Yes Y is coach J is business. Please excuse the flyertalk jargon.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kpottermn

Aeroplan, one of the best ways to book EVA with miles.

Yes Y is coach J is business. Please excuse the flyertalk jargon.
its ok. I need to Learn this part of the game. Any suggestions on best carrier for J or F going to Japan?

I was planning on two one way flights EVA and ANA but it seems less possible now.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I was able to find availability via LAX and much more via SEA. if you want the BR experience, understandable, you'll have to tolerate a shorthaul hop in Y.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I was able to find availability via LAX and much more via SEA. if you want the BR experience, understandable, you'll have to tolerate a shorthaul hop in Y.

would you mind sharing some route examples and dates? I travel mainly in Y so not an issue.

Last edited by briang191; Aug 29, 2018 at 7:07 am
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Walking into work so don't have time to recreate it but find the individual segments you want, XXX-LAX/SEA/YVR-TPE and then TPE/TSA-TYO. The UA search calendar is helpful for finding nonstop between your US gateway & TPE and then on to TYO. LAX was only the noon departure and SEA is a late night which helps make better connection options.
Some required an airport transfer in Taipei for a nonstop to TYO and just a few has TPE-NRT. Plenty of other 1 stop with short layovers in ICN and other Japanese airports.

Originally Posted by briang191

would you mind sharing some route examples and dates?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Walking into work so don't have time to recreate it but find the individual segments you want, XXX-LAX/SEA/YVR-TPE and then TPE/TSA-TYO. The UA search calendar is helpful for finding nonstop between your US gateway & TPE and then on to TYO. LAX was only the noon departure and SEA is a late night which helps make better connection options.
Some required an airport transfer in Taipei for a nonstop to TYO and just a few has TPE-NRT. Plenty of other 1 stop with short layovers in ICN and other Japanese airports.

thank you. I'll need to do some more research. The blogs made this seem much easier lol.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
... UA flies its 77W on that route. It's not as good as BR but it's still a good ride.
Therefore, I would certainly choose BR if the cost (points/miles or cash) is the same or maybe a little higher than UA. People who fly UA mostly because they are tied up with UA MP and need the status or because UA is cheaper, not because they prefer UA flight experience.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
Therefore, I would certainly choose BR if the cost (points/miles or cash) is the same or maybe a little higher than UA. People who fly UA mostly because they are tied up with UA MP and need the status or because UA is cheaper, not because they prefer UA flight experience.
Finding SFO to nrt via BR seems impossible
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:50 am

SFO-TPE on BR connecting to NH for the 3.5 hour flight to Tokyo is available.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

SFO-TPE on BR connecting to NH for the 3.5 hour flight to Tokyo is available.
thank you for posting this. Which website are you searching? I didn't see this flight on AP or united app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.