Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Ho Chi Minh City to Houston. EVA Air or ANA (Premium Economy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying blue

Hi,

I am flying from Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) to Houston in Premium Economy with my wife and my 23 months old kid. I basically came down to two options:

1) HCMC - Taipei - Houston using EVA Air
2) HCMC - Tokyo - Houston using ANA

Initially, we were considering EVA because we wanted to stop for a few days to visit Taipei, but now I've read some conflicting reviews about Premium Economy with EVA air. Is it really that bad?

Do you know if any of these two airlines have movable armrest in PE? Could be useful for us as we are traveling with a toddler. I am not sure he will fit in the bassinet anymore.

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:40 am

I fly EVA Air PE round trip from JFK to Saigon 3x every year and I never have any complaints with them. PE is a nice upgrade over regular economy. However the armrests in PE are not movable.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:33 pm

EVA Air PE is my go-to for transpacific flights, as I find it comfortable and consistent. However if ANA prices are similar (usually it's quite a bit more expensive), then I go with them. I tend to like the food and service with ANA more.

You also get lounge access (if you don't have status) and business class desserts, which EVA does not provide either. EVA does have an amenity kit, which ANA does not.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:56 am

My cousin who flies to asia once to twice a month says that if he had to choose, ANA is seats are a lot more comfortable than EVA. Also said the food is a lot better on ANA as well. he would pick ANA over EVA every time.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stopping in NRT also breaks the journey a little more evenly. Do both offer PE in the intra-Asia segment? If not, do you get upgraded to J?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
What username said... if the price is similar, then I would find out what kind of equipment is used on SGN-TPE and SGN-NRT and whether your PE ticket include business class seats in the intra-Asia segment.

The trans-pac segment on either airline is pretty similar otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.