FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Royal Laurel: Front or Second Cabin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1835257-royal-laurel-front-second-cabin.html)

hayzel7773 Aug 25, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by bluetear (Post 28732408)
Some family got confirmed with the upgrade to J - and we were able to choose row 8 for them. Waiting for mine - and will most likely choose row 8 as well.

Row 8 is not an open row for selection. It is very clearly blocked off in their reservation system(both TA system and Pax system). Row 8 is dedicated for bassinet/little children first and then those that request/have not been assigned a seat yet.

justmexp Aug 25, 2017 11:20 am

Row 8 is free for seat selection on my upcoming 9/1 flight, Middle 2 seats

hayzel7773 Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am

Originally Posted by justmexp (Post 28735313)
Row 8 is free for seat selection on my upcoming 9/1 flight, Middle 2 seats

My bad. In its newest update, it seems they have opened the middle two and blocked the windows.
Just saw for my 8/28 one that the middle two have indeed been opened up.
Certainly allows for more seat selection in the cabin.

bluetear Aug 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 (Post 28735397)
My bad. In its newest update, it seems they have opened the middle two and blocked the windows.
Just saw for my 8/28 one that the middle two have indeed been opened up.
Certainly allows for more seat selection in the cabin.

Actually I was able to pick 8A for my son when we got confirmed, so I guess all seats in row 8 can be picked now?

hayzel7773 Aug 28, 2017 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by bluetear (Post 28748021)
Actually I was able to pick 8A for my son when we got confirmed, so I guess all seats in row 8 can be picked now?

Interesting. All 12 of my existing reservations do not allow 8A/K selection for me.
Perhaps it was because of your sons age.

skyplane Aug 29, 2017 3:24 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 (Post 28748776)
Interesting. All 12 of my existing reservations do not allow 8A/K selection for me.
Perhaps it was because of your sons age.

Actually since a week or 2 more seats are possible to reserve in advance. For example row 8 except for 8K but also on the 77M row 27 and some other seats. Let me find the list that they send us.

kdinino Sep 6, 2017 9:00 pm

Decisions , decisions

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 28474509)
6A is just in front of the bathroom and 8A just behind (there is no 7A).
Which of the two is affected more by the bathroom?
Have you been on one of the planes with this layout before?

I have the choice of 5A, 5G 6A or. 2G. I picked 5G because it seems far enough away from the front bathroom/galley as well as a far rows ahead of the middle galley. I'm sure it's splitting atoms but is this a good choice ?

kpottermn Sep 7, 2017 10:35 am

Originally Posted by kdinino (Post 28786183)
I have the choice of 5A, 5G 6A or. 2G. I picked 5G because it seems far enough away from the front bathroom/galley as well as a far rows ahead of the middle galley. I'm sure it's splitting atoms but is this a good choice ?

Why not 5A? More privacy in the window seat plus easier access to the larger lav (depending on your flight, lav between cabins on the left side is bigger)

LAX/HKG Sep 7, 2017 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by kdinino (Post 28786183)

I would probably take 5A too given your options.

kdinino Sep 8, 2017 1:21 am

Typo on my part as 5A is taken

It's now 6A, 6G, 5G, 2G or 1D or 1G.

I'm currently in 5G

hayzel7773 Sep 8, 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by kdinino (Post 28791265)
Typo on my part as 5A is taken

It's now 6A, 6G, 5G, 2G or 1D or 1G.

I'm currently in 5G

2G is not bad.

yoonny Sep 19, 2017 8:27 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 (Post 28494721)
Back right corner of 2nd cabin is where the most inexperienced FA is assigned to.

I sat in 9K here and it was fantastic. Great service, never ignored. Had all right side by myself and only 2 on the left side. I made 9G into bed to use anytime. Front section had a lot more passengers.

I really don't think it makes much difference whether front or back.

Rumples Dec 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG (Post 28789513)
I would probably take 5A too given your options.

I make it a point to always take 5A when going TPE - LAX. Love the seat and it's always gotten great service being up in the front cabin. I've never had any issues with the galley behind me, or the bathroom, since most people would use the front one. Also on the left side of the aircraft so I can get up and use the large one that's right behind me and I have row 6 to buffer me from the lav.

I believe I read somewhere that the most senior purser works front left in the main cabin - but I can't seem to find where I read that.

hayzel7773 Dec 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rumples (Post 29194887)
I make it a point to always take 5A when going TPE - LAX. Love the seat and it's always gotten great service being up in the front cabin. I've never had any issues with the galley behind me, or the bathroom, since most people would use the front one. Also on the left side of the aircraft so I can get up and use the large one that's right behind me and I have row 6 to buffer me from the lav.

I believe I read somewhere that the most senior purser works front left in the main cabin - but I can't seem to find where I read that.

The purser does not have an assigned area. On TPE-ORD/JFK/YYZ/IAH. Their is a 2nd purser on board that is responsible for the left side of the 2nd cabin. Purser is seated in jumpseat 1L though.

buylowsellhigh Dec 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Furthest away from the galley/lav is back of the second cabin although if PE gets noisy or have bassinet installed it can get annoying. Night flights though, generally OK because mostly everyone is sound asleep :)