Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

How to book fares with mileage accrual on BR (and other *A carriers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&S E+

So my old Miles & Smiles Elite Plus Status is about to expire and since I rarely travel for business anymore I was hoping to get enough miles through leisure travel to renew my status. I will fly HKG-SFO YYZ-HKG this fall and while EVA has a killer fare, it is a V fare meaning 0 miles. Whats worse, I can't find a way to even search for non-V fares online. And since the other carriers (AC and ANA) seem to do the same nowadays - paying 0 miles on their cheapest fares, that is - I am really wondering how to even find a fare that would give me miles. Is there any online option (really not a fan of calling hotlines) that allows me to filter for fares with milage accrual?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
When you book on Eva's site, you have an option to toggle the dates, you can toggle the fare classes (between Eco wow to Elite), and with two columns, "lowest price" and "Other Flights/fares"
After you select that, it will provide you with different times/flights (obviously lowest fares will limit your flight choices).
Once you select your flights, it will say your booking class on the right side below your itinerary.

Usually an Eco saver will get you an M class which gets TK miles

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...you-fly/evaair

Hope that helps
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I don't want to start a new thread and the title here sort of applies. Here goes;

I have EVA miles that will expire shortly. I want to use them for a ticket discount, using the miles & More option. I don't accrue to the horrible Infinity Program anymore, but instead accrue my flights to my preferred *A program. When I go to purchase the new ticket, the purchase defaults to giving a credit to my EVA Infinity program card, which I don't want. The purchase doesn't let me select my *A carrier. Is it possible to ncredit to my *A carrier? Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I don't want to start a new thread and the title here sort of applies. Here goes;

I have EVA miles that will expire shortly. I want to use them for a ticket discount, using the miles & More option. I don't accrue to the horrible Infinity Program anymore, but instead accrue my flights to my preferred *A program. When I go to purchase the new ticket, the purchase defaults to giving a credit to my EVA Infinity program card, which I don't want. The purchase doesn't let me select my *A carrier. Is it possible to ncredit to my *A carrier? Thanks
Can't you just change it on the manage bookings site after the fact? I've never had an issue that way.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Can't you just change it on the manage bookings site after the fact? I've never had an issue that way.
Ok, so I purchased my ticket. I am looking forward to some new pajamas
Unfortunately, on the manage my booking web page, no option to change the accrual info. When I was booking it was frozen at the useless infinity miles number. So now what
Should I be calling EVA and have a talk with an agent? Unfortunately, calling the ticket office is always an exercise in frustration, as the English language skill in NYC, or Toronto or LAX is rather poor. I won't be saying Hola or Bonjour, either.

Danke.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by mtolg
So my old Miles & Smiles Elite Plus Status is about to expire and since I rarely travel for business anymore I was hoping to get enough miles through leisure travel to renew my status. I will fly HKG-SFO YYZ-HKG this fall and while EVA has a killer fare, it is a V fare meaning 0 miles. Whats worse, I can't find a way to even search for non-V fares online. And since the other carriers (AC and ANA) seem to do the same nowadays - paying 0 miles on their cheapest fares, that is - I am really wondering how to even find a fare that would give me miles. Is there any online option (really not a fan of calling hotlines) that allows me to filter for fares with milage accrual?

Thanks in advance
Use a local travel agent, they can book into the fare code you want, often at no extra fees, and sometimes a better price.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Ok, so I purchased my ticket. I am looking forward to some new pajamas
Unfortunately, on the manage my booking web page, no option to change the accrual info. When I was booking it was frozen at the useless infinity miles number. So now what
Should I be calling EVA and have a talk with an agent? Unfortunately, calling the ticket office is always an exercise in frustration, as the English language skill in NYC, or Toronto or LAX is rather poor. I won't be saying Hola or Bonjour, either.

Danke.
PM me and I'll send you an email address.

He works out of the Toronto BR office and has been very useful for helping me with stuff on BR - even helping me organize a NLML that was based on Chinese food instead of the typical Western style food! (talk about service!)

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Sep 20, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suggest you edit the email address in your post.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Have this guy swap it out for you.

************@*******.***

He works out of the Toronto BR office and has been very useful for helping me with stuff on BR - even helping me organize a NLML that was based on Chinese food instead of the typical Western style food! (talk about service!)
Really? The guy helped you and you put his e-mail on the Internet and subject him to all kind of spamming and requests? You need to edit out that e-mail ASAP before it gets picked up by some spamming machine....
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Going back to topic....it used to be that if you use BR miles to upgrade, you had to credit to BR. I don't know if that was a system limitation driven restriction or if it was the rule. If this was the rule, this might be the case also if you use miles to get $ off. If this was a computer limitation, then maybe it is no longer true since they moved off EVAPARS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.