Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Accessing the Thalys Lounge at Brussels Midi without your Thalys TheCard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accessing the Thalys Lounge at Brussels Midi without your Thalys TheCard?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Question Accessing the Thalys Lounge at Brussels Midi without your Thalys TheCard?

Does anyone know if it's possible to be admitted to the Thalys Lounge in Brussels Midi armed only with your Thalys TheCard membership number?

I've got an hour or so to kill on Wednesday between my Eurostar arriving and Thalys leaving, and I was hoping to spend it in the lounge. Unfortunately, the physical card has yet to turn up in the post...

Can you normally get in with your membership number, or a printout of your membership details from their website, or do you have to actually have your card in hand?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Apparently my ticket allowed me access anyway, so I didn't get to find out if my Thalys TheCard number on its own (with a different Thalys ticket) would've been enough....
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Apparently my ticket allowed me access anyway, so I didn't get to find out if my Thalys TheCard number on its own (with a different Thalys ticket) would've been enough....
Interesting - I was denied access to the lounge with a 1.class Thalys ticket last month. I was told that I needed The Card in addition to the ticket (unlike Deutsche Bahn, where showing a 1.klass ticket gets you into the DB lounges).

Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to see the inner sanctum
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Interesting - I was denied access to the lounge with a 1.class Thalys ticket last month. I was told that I needed The Card in addition to the ticket (unlike Deutsche Bahn, where showing a 1.klass ticket gets you into the DB lounges).
The sign on the door said you needed either a Thalys TheCard, or a specific type of ticket. I showed the receptionist my ticket, and was let in without needing to explain about my lack of a physical card yet.

Additionally, though I only found this out through a friend (it wasn't listed at the lounge), Eurostar Carte Blanche holders get access to any RailTeam lounge (including the Thalys one)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Additionally, though I only found this out through a friend (it wasn't listed at the lounge), Eurostar Carte Blanche holders get access to any RailTeam lounge (including the Thalys one)
Only on international journey though
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev

Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to see the inner sanctum
Well, the "inner sanctum" is not really worth it - in my opinion, the THA lounge is even worse than the DB ones (they don't have Dallmayr coffee but Nespresso - but guess what, you need to pay for it) and it is pretty dark and unwelcoming in there. I've once been admitted with an (international) first class ticket and my BahnCard Comfort which doesn't seem to be possible under normal circumstances - the agent said "ok, as an exception I'll admit you". However, I had to register with my name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.