Wiki Posts
Search

AMSTERDAM - Mystery hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

AMSTERDAM - Mystery hotels

It's pretty easy to find out lastminute.com's Top Secret mystery hotels in London but I wonder if anyone has had any experiences with booking the same website's hotels in Amsterdam ?
Old Dec 25, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I just did a dummy booking to see....lastminute.com didn't even offer any "mystery" hotels. All identified.

That said, if you're going to use an opaque site, why not stick to Priceline or Hotwire where you know there are resources available to help you identify the hotel in advance?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The option is available.

Search for hotels in Amsterdam for your dates, and then on the left-hand sides one of the options is to search top-secret only.

My random search pulled up 8-10 and I was able to identify a handful of them as someone who's been to Amsterdam a few times. One mentioned a bar by name which was easily searchable, several gave enough features that with a bit of searching you could figure it out - how many hotels in Amsterdam have 175 rooms and a pool - I'd guess not many! In one case it said "connected to Schiphol" - this can only be the Sheraton or the Hilton, and I'd guess the Sheratron since technically the Hilton isn't connected.

So - with some work most of them looked like you could figure it out.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:14 pm

Do you have the link for this? I thought I had it bookmarked but can't seem to get to the 10.00 hotel deals anymore.

Many thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:46 pm

Sorry, I was confused. Thought this was the 10.00 deals coming back (it ended a while ago). Still interested in the mystery hotel deals though.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kukukajoo
Do you have the link for this? I thought I had it bookmarked but can't seem to get to the 10.00 hotel deals anymore.

Many thanks!
www.lastminute.com

select the city you want, search by dates and then there will be an option on the left to limit to "mystery hotels" only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.