Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in The Hague

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2003, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Hotels in The Hague

Hi there; does anyone know The Hague (or Den Haag for the locals!) at all?

I'm going to be doing a bit of consultancy work for the NATO C3 Agency, which is located on Oude Waalsdorperweg (apparently), and I was wondering if anyone knew of any hotels within walking distance? If the hotel is good this is a plus
Old Apr 24, 2003, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've done a lot of work in Den Haag with KPN. I don't know where NATO is, but a good choice for me is the Holiday Inn. It's a great hotel and one of the few in the city with air conditioning. It really comes in handy during the summer heat and humidity. It's also a short distance from the beach and they have a great restaurant.

Right on the beach (Scheveningen) is the fabulous Steigenberger Kurhaus Hotel. Check out http://www.srs-hotels.com/netherland...el_hagkur.html

In the city are several boring business class hotels. The Novotel is OK. But I definitely recommend staying near the beach. There are trams running all over the city and they don't cost much. You can get from the beach to anywhere in town in under 15 minutes or so.

Enjoy Holland!

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 04-24-2003).]
Old Apr 24, 2003, 6:34 pm

I stayed at the Interconti Des Indes once but that was some time ago. The location was great. Close to the city centre and next to some embassies.
Itīs not very cheap but it was worth the money. Got upgraded to a nice corner suite.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Thanks for the responses...

Apparently (according to a Dutch friend) The Hague has pretty good public transport, so I'm broadening my search criteria a bit - I'll bear the recommendations in mind.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Correction, I just noticed that the Holiday Inn is now a Crowne Plaza. I knew it was too good to be just an H.I.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/CP/hd/dnhpr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.