Community
Wiki Posts
Search

French ATC strike impact on flighs departing BCN & MAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:13 am
Original Poster

French ATC strike impact on flighs departing BCN & MAD

We have some flights booked for 8 April from Barcelona to Helsinki (on Vueling) and from Madrid to Amsterdam (on Iberia).

What are the chances of these flights being canceled or significantly delayed due to the French ATC strike?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:44 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let's enlist the help of readers of the Europe forum. I'll move this there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:23 pm

It depends whether your plane had to get to your destination from France.. If not, you're fine.

I guess you're already flying at this point! Good luck!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by mytravelove
It depends whether your plane had to get to your destination from France.. If not, you're fine.
Not usefull for the OP anymore, but this statement is generally wrong.
Any time there is a general ATC strike in France, lots of flights between Spain and the rest of Europeare affected (because they have to fly over France). They either get cancelled or take a longer route around France.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Koby
They either get cancelled or take a longer route around France.
... or the delays are due to flow restrictions across bits of French airspace. Even when it is a total strike, there are some aircraft still going across bits of french airspace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.