Wiki Posts
Search

Poland and pottery shopping

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso
Poland and pottery shopping

I am giving some serious consideration to trying to go to Poland in December for some pottery shopping at Boleslawiec. I would fly into Germany, maybe Dresden or Berlin, and either get a rental car or try to figure out public transit to get there. Most likely it would be a rental car as from what I have seen online public transit from Dresden to Boleslawiec is tough (not impossible) to do.

Have any of you been? Thoughts? Recommendations? The reason I am thinking December is I would LOVE to go to some Christmas markets. The other piece to this is I would prefer to fly Lufthansa F and since they don't release space with much notice anymore, this would be a list minute trip. I have my fingers crossed that could change, in the mean time, I just look periodically in case something opens up. Hmmm, as I type this, I am thinking I should look at Swiss flights too....
Old May 13, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
You could also fly into WRO, which is a great place for a weekend and much better than Krakow in my opinion...

When there always take the Sofitel.

You can even buy Boleslawiec here in Singapore, albeit at higher prices.
Old May 13, 2012, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it is usually available in bits and pieces at marshalls(part of tj max). might be available at other divisions of tj max, but do not visit them. the prices are somewhat below retail zlota prices in poland.

Last edited by slawecki; May 14, 2012 at 6:18 am
Old May 14, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by aster
You could also fly into WRO, which is a great place for a weekend and much better than Krakow in my opinion...

When there always take the Sofitel.

You can even buy Boleslawiec here in Singapore, albeit at higher prices.
I would fly to Wrocław + there is a great christmas market there
Old May 18, 2012, 6:33 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I drove to Boleslawiec from Nitra Slovakia for this very purpose, but I did it in June. The drive was long but lovely. We stayed the night in Wroclaw on the way to Boleslawiec - I liked it there. There are so many shops that sell pottery in Boleslawiec - you will go crazy with all the choices. Just remember that you can only carry so much pottery in your carry-on bag.

Would you mind picking up a new teapot for me? My cats broke mine the other day. I searched high and low for this perfect teapot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.