Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Re: Etihad Airways [RQID:xxxxxxxx] I choked at 33,000Feet on a piece of plastic !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Re: Etihad Airways [RQID:xxxxxxxx] I choked at 33,000Feet on a piece of plastic !!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:37 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I guess the OP will be happy to know that Etihad is ceasing flights to Edinburgh effective Oct 1st.

No, really, if meals on EY from EDI are affected, then all flights are affected. If so, it would already be a catering meltdown in EDI right now.

Things like this are rare. People, even those who work at catering aren’t perfect and mistakes do happen here and there.

They got the note, and it’s not even Etihad’s direct fault.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
After all, about EY compensation offer, the problem that wasn't good enough? knowing a little EY I'm sure that they are not that brilliant in this respect but "Trying to buying the silence"...what an airline should do in this case more than offering a compensation? Beheading the catering managers at the public square?
Hopefully the airline started a claim process with their supplier, but these are private corporate processes, no company would share such correspondence with the public or the end customer for similar cases.
Its understandable that users sharing their bad experience and trying to alert others, but in my opinion being emotional, shouting, calling the intervention of UN, the Court of Human Rights and the Salvation Army will not gain more sympathy of other readers but maybe dropping the poster credibility instead.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I guess the OP will be happy to know that Etihad is ceasing flights to Edinburgh effective Oct 1st.

No, really, if meals on EY from EDI are affected, then all flights are affected. If so, it would already be a catering meltdown in EDI right now.

Things like this are rare. People, even those who work at catering aren’t perfect and mistakes do happen here and there.

They got the note, and it’s not even Etihad’s direct fault.
Your comments are noted.
Enjoy your next ETIHAD meal...
Good Luck...you will need it

[deleted by moderator]

Last edited by l etoile; Aug 23, 2018 at 12:27 pm Reason: Rule 12
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thescotchwhiskyhunter
To:Etihad Feedback,[email protected]

12 Aug at 23:25
Thank you for your reply.

Not only do you not want to refund my full return fare Hong Kong to Edinburgh.

You are refusing to tell me the details of where the meal that choked me was prepared, to allow me to investigate further.

Mr P.Baumgartner C.E.O. as I now have it confirmed in writing today that Etihad Airways "do not have a policy of sharing reports with guests".

I hold you fully responsible for the health and safety incident that choked me on the Edinburgh to Abu Dhabi leg of my flight to Hong Kong.

I put it to you that you cannot provide this information as you have not investigated this case to that fine a level.

I put it to you that Etihad is so slack and shonky it could be alleged that, they could not care about the food served to the customers and staff who also eat the meals.

Your managers
Will not disclose the source of the plastic fragment that could have killed me on my Edinburgh to Abu Dhabi flight 8th June 2018.

I will now proceed to involve help from Police Scotland,the Scottish Government, The Civil Aviation Authority and The UK Government to investigate Etihad and their operations out of Edinburgh Airport.

I will also alert the local press and airport trade unions and TV and Radio to alert the general public that a flight with Etihad out of Edinburgh could be your last....

I will also contact the local press TV and Radio in Hong Kong/China as to the food safety issue.

The People can then be judge and jury on EITHAD

Yours Sincerely
Terence Xxxxxxx

On Sunday, 12 August 2018, 18:36:46 GMT+8, Etihad Feedback wrote:

Our ref: 655929

12 August 2018

Dear Mr Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your response, which has been escalated to me.

I have taken the opportunity to review your feedback once more, noting the points you have raised. You have requested for a full report of our internal investigations however we do not have a policy of sharing these with our guests.

Our goodwill gesture offered to you in out last correspondence still stands as I am confident that your case has been reviewed thoroughly and fairly. We have also discussed your case with our Legal Affairs team, and they agree with our findings and conclusion.

I am sorry that this was not the response you were hoping for, and hope that you can understand that we are not in a position to liaise with you further on this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Fxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxx

Manager Guest Relations

Etihad Airways

New Airport Road, Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
I'm curious, why don't you write the same letter to whatever catering company serves EY in EDI?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:49 am
Original Poster

ETIHAD will not provide the contact details. I have bee requesting them since my first letter to them..It could be alleged that a corporate cover up is in train.

London if you can provide the contact details I will do as you suggest..
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:57 am
Suspended

https://www.lsgskychefs.com/media/ne...tihad-airways/
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:10 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thescotchwhiskyhunter
Your comments are noted.
Enjoy your next ETIHAD meal...
Good Luck...you will need it

[moderator deletion]
I’m curious, what outcome do you wish to get from all this? Not on FT, but from EY/LSG?

Last edited by l etoile; Aug 23, 2018 at 12:30 pm Reason: Quote
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:12 pm

Again - Forget about Etihad or compensation. Complain here: Contact us | Food Standards Scotland
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Done Thank you
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by a310pilot
I ended up throwing up several times and running to washroom on my recent EY business class flight from AUH to JFK. It started about 10 hours into the flight after I had steak sandwich. My wife had the same without onions and tomato. So I suppose those were tainted...

But since it has never happened before.. and EY won't care . I didn't bother reporting it or taking it any further.
Gastroenteritis can be caused by a number of bacteria/viruses. Bacteria have varying incubation times (time from consumption until you experience symptoms) which can vary from hours to weeks. It is very possible you were poisoned prior to even catching this flight. The face that your wife was not ill suggests that the etihad meal was unlikely to be the cause however it could be that whoever handled your food (if handled by different people) had poor hygiene. You did the right thing to not complain and have the right attitude.
nancypants and clubeurope like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pogonation
Gastroenteritis can be caused by a number of bacteria/viruses. Bacteria have varying incubation times (time from consumption until you experience symptoms) which can vary from hours to weeks. It is very possible you were poisoned prior to even catching this flight. The face that your wife was not ill suggests that the etihad meal was unlikely to be the cause however it could be that whoever handled your food (if handled by different people) had poor hygiene. You did the right thing to not complain and have the right attitude.
AYE...Right!!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Angry All Clear EDINBURGH DODGY FOOD SOURCE WAS ADU DHABI

Mod note: this is the response the OP received from Food Standards Scotland. All personal details have been removed per FT’s privacy policy.

DANGER DANGER DANGER

Ref my previous post I choked at 33,000 Feet:

26 Sep at 18:32
Dear Mr Eardley,

I refer to previous correspondence received by this Department from yourself regarding an alleged choking incident on a Etihad flight.

I have concluded my investigation into this matter and following liaison with the Airline Catering company based at Edinburgh Airport can confirm that the meal was not provided by this airline catering company but was loaded onto the flight at Abu Dhabi on a return flight catering basis.

Kind regards

Susie

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Sep 26, 2018 at 11:58 pm Reason: Remove employee personal info per privacy rule
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:25 pm
Suspended

You may want to remove your personal email address from your post.

Are you now going to take this up with the local catering company?
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Ms Xxxxx
Thank you for your help investigating this matter.

I have C.C. copy to P. Baumgartner the C.E.O. of Eihad Airways who so far has failed to respond to the emails i have sent to him.

His background is the British MOD and I am sure he is aware of his duty of care in matters such as food safety as C.E.O.

Would it be possible for you to contact him directly and advise him of the findings of your investigation.

Regards
Terence Eardley

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Sep 26, 2018 at 11:49 pm Reason: Remove employee information per privacy policy
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
honestly mate, ill speak for myself and I'm sure my views are similar to others... I dont really see the point of airing your personal struggles with this on the forum especially in multiple threads and in capitals. .
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.