Wiki Posts
Search

cabins for 24 hrs of flying

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

cabins for 24 hrs of flying

Hi guys,

As Etihad doesn't pass on fuel surcharges, I'm planning on using them to fly to JNB. I am based at LAX and flying on Etihad would route me LAX-AUH-JNB, which would be 24 hours of flying. As a result I'm debating whether I should redeem for business or first class, especially with the first leg being 16 hours or whether it's a toss given that it would be on a 777. The other option is flying LAX-JFK-AUH-JNB as the A380 is significantly nicer and has the first class apartment. The only annoyance with that is adding a few extra hours of flight time. Can anyone with knowledge of the different classes share what they would do: which class you would recommend, and if it's worth flying into NY for a better hard product.

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:31 pm

If you're planning Business then just go LAX-AUH-JNB. The A380 business product is nicer than the 777 but not enough for the extra stop. But if you're going First I would highly recommend routing via JFK. The A380 apartments are totally worth the extra stop, assuming you can find award space on the AA leg.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I recently did DFW AUH in F on the 777, perfectly fine and you're essentially lazing in your PJ's in your bed area/closed cabin the whole time. Yes the apartment is fantastic but feels more formal at times, I don't feel like sitting up in the bed or lazing on it and instead always retreating to the less comfy chair. Also fewer F pax on the 777 so better access to the Chef ! Just remember to ask his shift times as he needs a kip too !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.