Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Preferred upgrade for EAP Platinum on EY operated flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL

Hi Guys,

I recently jumped to Topbonus Platinum and I am wondering if there is any preferred handling for EAP top tiers with EY operated flights. I do not expect so but would be interested to see if the recently announced status perks across the EAP network go that far (side note: I would be already happy if nthe announced perks would work seemlessly across all EAP!) ? What is your experience on that matter?

Thanks
FlyDUS
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:46 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
the main benefit IMHO is the First Class Lounge in AUH and the 75% bonus on EY marketed flights.

I recently got an OpUp to F (on an AB ticket op by EY) and I assume the Topbonus Platinum status helped.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gkl
the main benefit IMHO is the First Class Lounge in AUH and the 75% bonus on EY marketed flights.

I recently got an OpUp to F (on an AB ticket op by EY) and I assume the Topbonus Platinum status helped.
Thanks! I was asking last time if I could get exit row seats due to my status with AB but was declined as the ticket was ticketed by AB. So I was wondering if that would change if I bought via EY? In many cases prices are equal and I would get tier bonus as well.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:23 am

I dont 100% know what is Topbonus Plat definition, but I recently got into Plat and in my last flight operated by EY I got Upgraded to First from Business.. I have to mention that for some odd reason I got 3 emails offering to bid for an upgrade which the lowest bid was somewhere around $800 on the first email and around 1000$ on the last email.

I was upgraded at the gate after checking and they had written on my boarding pass my original seat...eg "Original 10 K" I do believe is for crew member to know I was upgraded and will think to not get some benefits? but I cannot tell if I miss any of the First Class experience.

The chef was somehow a bit "the kitchen is open" in Life is Beautiful, if you know what I mean, but I will think he was really recommending me the best options...
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Topbonus platinum

Hi

Topbonus is Airberlin's FFP and part of Etihad Airways Partners network. Thus why I wondered if anyone already experienced preferred handling on-board... But I must say I really appreciate the harmonisation i.e. the 75% bonus also on EY ticketed flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.