FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   CHANGES: EY Fare Choices; reduced baggage allowance, upgrades, etc. 14 Sep '15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1704074-changes-ey-fare-choices-reduced-baggage-allowance-upgrades-etc-14-sep-15-a.html)

Raffles Aug 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Check in is bizarre.

Most J pax on reward tix will head to the J line by default. What are they going to do - tell you to go to the back of the Y line when you get to the front?! For a start, they will need to look up your ticketing date before they even know if you can use the line or not!

Scott218 Aug 20, 2015 8:49 pm

All fares will earn some miles now. Business class and first class fares will go up on earn rates. There are definitely some scenarios where a family may benefit from the new fare structure (especially where they are elite members and have heavier baggages).

http://www.experiencetheskies.com/et...ge-earn-rates/

Speedbird676 Aug 21, 2015 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 25302036)
Check in is bizarre.

Most J pax on reward tix will head to the J line by default. What are they going to do - tell you to go to the back of the Y line when you get to the front?! For a start, they will need to look up your ticketing date before they even know if you can use the line or not!

I suspect in reality this won't be enforced purely because it is impractical to do so.

irishguy28 Aug 21, 2015 2:55 am

Originally Posted by irish mark (Post 25301938)
FOR THIS TRIP YOU WOULD EARN MILES
Z,W,D -- Fare Class of Business 12195
C,J -- Fare Class of Business 15244

Which is correct? :confused:

Until 8 July 2015, each of Z,W and D earned at the rate of 130%. And that is what your calculator above is showing. See Earning Table: pre- and post- 8 July 2015

Since then, Z has been reduced to 115%; W remains alone as the sole 130% earning fare; and D has been increased to 175%; the same as C and J.

You are using the old calculator. The new one is found here.

hzv5wk Aug 21, 2015 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Scott218 (Post 25303544)
Business class and first class fares will go up on earn rates.

Really? I can see no chnage to the 115/130/175% rates effective from July on the business class fares. Have I missed something?

hzv5wk Aug 21, 2015 4:41 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 25299945)
Didn't that already change some time back?

Edit: yes, indeed.

Thanks, had missed that. Is it just miles upgrades or bid/push as well?

irish mark Aug 21, 2015 4:42 am

thanks...DOH!! :o

ahhh typical.. that flight I am going to book in D to BK will have me 950 miles short of platinum .... hmmm

m0hamed Aug 21, 2015 4:44 am

Originally Posted by RowH (Post 25299390)
Strangest one (for me) is this:

Business and First ticket holders acquired via Guest Seat not allowed to use premium check in unless Gold or Platinum? That'd be, what, 1 or 2 per flight max?

I believe it's poorly worded and actually means:

Business - Business Check in based on class of service and/or Gold

First - First Check based on class of service in and/or Platinum members

They are saying you can check in based on tier.

irishguy28 Aug 21, 2015 4:48 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 25304639)
They are saying you can check in based on tier.

But you can check in based on tier when you are on a regular paid ticket too, no?

So why not be consistent and, if that's what they mean, state that for all cases, not just for the reward flights?

irishguy28 Aug 21, 2015 4:49 am

Originally Posted by hzv5wk (Post 25304627)
Really? I can see no chnage to the 115/130/175% rates effective from July on the business class fares. Have I missed something?

Yes...the earning table in my post. See above. Also the new mileage calculator - also linked in my post above.

Note that it is not "effective from July" but rather for tickets issued on or after 8 July 2015. Any tickets issued prior to that date will still earn at the "old" rates.

m0hamed Aug 21, 2015 4:56 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 25304651)
But you can check in based on tier when you are on a regular paid ticket too, no?

So why not be consistent and, if that's what they mean, state that for all cases, not just for the reward flights?

Refer to their wording around Chauffeur Drive. It is equally poorly constructed.

irishguy28 Aug 21, 2015 6:21 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 25304672)
Refer to their wording around Chauffeur Drive. It is equally poorly constructed.

No arguments here that the wording on many airline/FFP websites is woefully ambiguous and misleading.

However, this choice of text seems to imply that they truly intend to withhold the normal check-in options from business and First Class passengers.

After all, if a simple "Yes" suffices to show that paid tickets in Business and First get Priority Check-In, then why change from "Yes" to "Based on Status" for Business/First Reward tickets? It certainly implies that they no longer want to give this as an implied part of a Business/Reward ticket.

I wonder if EtihadHelp can weigh in on this....

meFIRST Aug 21, 2015 3:02 pm

In defense of EY, and I am not an apologist please, we were all complaining earlier about chauffeur not being included etc, the new fare groups breaks all the services provided in detail. If you want the extra services, you have the opportunity to select the appropriate fare.

So there is no confusion.

The luggage allowance decrease is a disappointment

Personally I hope EY sends those leaches that book "Guest Seats" via AA outside to the main AUH T3 hall, instead of taking up space at Premium Check in.

irishguy28 Aug 22, 2015 3:42 am

Originally Posted by meFIRST (Post 25307664)
In defense of EY, and I am not an apologist please, we were all complaining earlier about chauffeur not being included etc, the new fare groups breaks all the services provided in detail. If you want the extra services, you have the opportunity to select the appropriate fare.

So big thumbs up then for waiting 6 months to clarify who doesn't get a chauffeur!

Originally Posted by meFIRST (Post 25307664)
So there is no confusion.

But there is. See the priority check-in issue just above your post.

It would be unusual if they did not introduce some new uncertainty!

mlqsko Aug 22, 2015 3:48 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 25304941)
I wonder if EtihadHelp can weigh in on this....

They did - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...hadhelp-3.html