FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1701999-feedback-thread-official-ey-lurker-etihadhelp.html)

EtihadHelp Dec 30, 2019 3:22 am

Originally Posted by hilltopper (Post 31886702)
Hi, I can't really seem to find this information anywhere on Etihad.com.
Is there a cabin bonus for tier miles (i.e. first & business earn more tier miles for the same segment)?
Thanks!

Hi hilltopper. Business Class tickets earn 50% bonus Tier Miles, and First Class tickets earn 100% bonus Tier Miles. *Sky

revolver16 Jan 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Virgin Australia Redemptions

Hi - I am trying to book a Virgin Australia flight using Etihad Guest miles for the 20/01/20 (5 x days away) between Melbourne and Sydney. On the Virgin Australia website there is plenty of availability for award seats (the Delta website also mirrors this availability).

However when I called the Etihad Guest Contact center I was told there was zero availability on any flights that day.

Is there a minimum time limit where you can book award seats with Virgin in advance? I read on another forum that you needed to book 2 x weeks in advance when using Etihad miles to book an award seat with Virgin.

Thanks

James

EtihadHelp Jan 15, 2020 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by revolver16 (Post 31951568)
Hi - I am trying to book a Virgin Australia flight using Etihad Guest miles for the 20/01/20 (5 x days away) between Melbourne and Sydney. On the Virgin Australia website there is plenty of availability for award seats (the Delta website also mirrors this availability).

However when I called the Etihad Guest Contact center I was told there was zero availability on any flights that day.

Is there a minimum time limit where you can book award seats with Virgin in advance? I read on another forum that you needed to book 2 x weeks in advance when using Etihad miles to book an award seat with Virgin.

Thanks

James

Hello James, a certain number of redemption seats are made available on every flight, this also applies on partner airlines redemption.
Feel free to call our contact centre again to see if anything becomes available. Thank you. *Ari

lorcancoyle Jan 19, 2020 1:09 am

Is there an expected time for when the change to mileage expiry will be in place? I have miles expiring at the end of March but don’t know what will count as an eligible transaction to keep them alive

thanks
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...815bfdf844.png

EtihadHelp Jan 20, 2020 8:32 am

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle (Post 31968167)
Is there an expected time for when the change to mileage expiry will be in place? I have miles expiring at the end of March but don’t know what will count as an eligible transaction to keep them alive

thanks
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...815bfdf844.png

Hello. Once the policy is implemented, there will be no Guest miles expiry as far as the member is actively earning and redeeming the miles one every 18 Months. However, if the member has no active accruals or redemption in 18 Months, the expiry will be 18 months from the date of transaction. Thank you.
*Ari

guv1976 Jan 20, 2020 1:57 pm

Hello, EtihadHelp.

It's been reported in this forum that there has been a recent change in the number of Etihad Guest miles required for a redemption on American Airlines. It seems that previously, a redemption requiring a single connection on AA was charged as if it were a nonstop flight, but that now, Etihad is charging separately per segment for award travel on AA. Is this correct?

This is a big issue, not only because of the number of miles required, but also because AA will often not have MileSAAver award seats (the only kind bookable with partner miles) on a nonstop flight, but will have SAAver seats available when that same flight is paired with a connecting flight ("married-segment availability").

Many thanks!

EtihadHelp Jan 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi Guv, please contact our Etihad Guest Team directly for further clarification. *Rose

PhDflyer Feb 1, 2020 7:23 am

Hi, can you please clarify the following?

If I have a ticket AUH-MUC-PRG sold from EY so that both AUH-MUC and MUC-PRG are sold as EY, do they grant 2 tier segments?

On the partner airlines section of the program website, it says that flights take on Czech Airlines are only eligible for Guest miles. Is it correct that this only applies when booking a separate ticket, directly from OK?

Thanks

EtihadHelp Feb 9, 2020 1:45 am

Originally Posted by PhDflyer (Post 32020028)
Hi, can you please clarify the following?

If I have a ticket AUH-MUC-PRG sold from EY so that both AUH-MUC and MUC-PRG are sold as EY, do they grant 2 tier segments?

On the partner airlines section of the program website, it says that flights take on Czech Airlines are only eligible for Guest miles. Is it correct that this only applies when booking a separate ticket, directly from OK?

Thanks

Hello there.
If your flight is marketed by Etihad Airways and sold with an EY prefix (ticket number starts from 607), you are eligible to earn Tier Segments for the Czech Airlines flight.
Thank you. *Ari

PhDflyer Feb 9, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi back and thanks for responding to my question.

I will assume this is also correct for tier miles.

Now, what can I do when your glorious Etihad Gold Support claims that they do NOT count and refuse to extend my membership? How can I educate them? I have exchanged 50+ emails already.

EtihadHelp Feb 12, 2020 5:30 am

Hi there, please contact us via our Social Media channels so that we can assist you further. *Rose

PhDflyer Feb 12, 2020 7:21 am

I see no need for that? Why can't we continue here? I don't have social media and others on the forum are surely interested as well.

EtihadHelp Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by PhDflyer (Post 32062966)
I see no need for that? Why can't we continue here? I don't have social media and others on the forum are surely interested as well.

In this case, could you please send us your Etihad Guest number via private message here, so we can check the ongoing communication with the Etihad Guest team? *Sky

joneskander Feb 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Urgent - I found my account is suspended and my miles will expire in 6 days

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is flyer from New Jersey, US. I have some miles that will expire in 6 days. I called your customer service and was told surprisingly that my account was suspended! I was told there are only two reasons for an account to be suspended: (1) fraudulent activities (2) multiple failed log in attempts. Neither of these two reasons applied to my account.

Your customer service representative advised that I should write to this email ([email protected]) to ask for investigation and reactivation of my account. I wrote to that email address but have not received a response. Please kindly help and let me know what I should do. My miles expire in 6 more days so this is urgent.

Thanks for your help.

EtihadHelp Feb 24, 2020 4:50 am

Originally Posted by joneskander (Post 32104874)
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is flyer from New Jersey, US. I have some miles that will expire in 6 days. I called your customer service and was told surprisingly that my account was suspended! I was told there are only two reasons for an account to be suspended: (1) fraudulent activities (2) multiple failed log in attempts. Neither of these two reasons applied to my account.

Your customer service representative advised that I should write to this email ([email protected]) to ask for investigation and reactivation of my account. I wrote to that email address but have not received a response. Please kindly help and let me know what I should do. My miles expire in 6 more days so this is urgent.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there. I can try checking this for you. Can you please send us a private message with your Etihad Guest number? *Sky