Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Question about Family Accounts and Crediting to AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

I have 3 family members who flew/are flying on Etihad (E and W). I know Etihad allows a family to pool their miles, however, is there a way to pool their miles first and then credit the lump sum to AA? Or would I need to create basically 3 separate accounts and credit each of the 3 separtely?

Two parents and one 15 year old if it makes a difference. I've tried searching on google, but am coming up empty.

Would really appreciate any help provided.

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Nope. You either credit to EY in which case you can "link" the accounts to allow you as head of household to use all the miles at once (even though accounts all stay separate), or you credit to AA accounts (and AA has no analogous pooling mechanism). I have tended to use BA and EY extensively to allow me to pool miles from my wife and 3 kids. At AA (and all other US carriers for that matter) you wind up with small and potentially unusable amounts in each account.
Old May 26, 2015, 6:05 pm

If you have an address in Australia/NZ you could sign up the family with VA Velocity, pool all points/status credits to a single account. You could then either use the points on VX/DL/VA/SQ or if you're *A savvy, transfer the VA points to SQ and use them on UA/AC etc at a 35 percent hit.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. Any suggestions/advise on where I should credit or if I should just pool to Etihad?? It was E fare from AMD-YYZ and W fare from ORD-AMD for 3 people. Total of 44913 Etihad miles or 14971 individual/credited miles.

Use would mostly be for either domestic US travel or places close or domestic travel in India or around.

What about crediting to ANA? They allow family pooling.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:12 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Dear sunshine213

We would like to check the best options for you and your family, we have a dedicated team who will be able to advise help.
We will send this question to our team and update you as soon as possible.

Please send us an inbox message with your Etihad guest number to help accordingly.

Thanks *GW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.