Wiki Posts
Search

Food on red eye flight AUH-BKK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Food on red eye flight AUH-BKK

Hi all,

i am flying DUB -AUH -BKK, where AUH -BKK departs in the late evening. I wonder if anyone knows if on this flight a breakfast or any other meal is served before landing in Business class. This is my first time with Etihad, so I am not sure what to expect.

i am asking as i am type 1 diabetic, therefore try to avoid situations when being stuck without food or meal for a long time (due to possible hypo). I don’t remember any place to buy food in BKK before passport control and the driver from our travel agency awaits us just after luggage collection point, so if meal is not served I will not be able to have any food till at least 12 pm. Therefore this important for me to know what to expect when preparing for a trip and making necessary arrangements. I will pack glucose pills anyway, but I prefer not to get to the point I need to use these.

thanks,

OB
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Dine on demand is available , I usually stick to the cheese and biscuits , but plenty of other choices available . Just ask them to serve at your requested time , and they will
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: IB G; EY S
Well on my last flight to BKK (23:49 till 8:55) Dinner was served promptly after start, as I was hungry I took it.

However on the way back I was pretty hungry and we left bkk in the middle of the night. I asked the Food-Attendant whether I could have my food right now and not before landing. Which was no problem at all.

Just let him know, when you want to eat and he will wake you up and happily server you a wonderful dinner even if its breakfast time already
That Lemon Grass Tomato Soup starter is amazing.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Given the uncertainties of airline catering, and the fact that you are T1 diabetic, I strongly suggest that you have catering option plan in place (don't depend on the airline).
davidj1 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Not to make a snide remark regarding the OPs question, but hypos are caused when you take insulin.
In the absence of food insulin can be reduced or avoided. Perhaps my view is only about T2 DB but please correct me if I am wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.