Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access without Card?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Starbucks Gold, CO Op gold
Lounge Access without Card?

So many of you are aware of the status match offer that went on with Etihad. More to the point I think alot of us got the status match around the same time, Jun 8thish.

Well I still havent received any Gold pack yet, I am guessing alot of you havent either, now I have flight tomorrow and I was wondering if I would still get lounge access without having the card physically present. I know the frequent flyer information is in their system, and should be on the card but will this be printed out on the boarding pass for EY?

I just checked some old stubs and they have the FF number but not the level. Hence will I get access without the card?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:18 am

I think there should be no problem. My status card arrived very late, too. When getting in the lounge they also have these computers to check your status level.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
never actually had to show my card to get into AUH lounges at all. All on boarding pass / in the system since the beginning.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Starbucks Gold, CO Op gold
Thanks for the quick response folks
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by EFATO
never actually had to show my card to get into AUH lounges at all. All on boarding pass / in the system since the beginning.
EY is indeed different from many other airlines that insist on seeing your physical card. At EY, the imprint on the boarding pass is good enough.

Just beware, quite often EY boarding passes do show the correct FF number but not the status level. This can result in quite some wait then.

CalFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.