Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Cheaper to cancel EY booking than change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF/DJ/SQ/EY

I have a booking with EY in April flying DUB to BNE return via AUH in Y class. I asked for a change to create a stopover in AUH for 3 days and was quoted ~850 EUR per person to change. I've checked the price for a new booking and the fare difference is ~50 EUR. My existing booking has a cancellation fee of 250 EUR per person. Are there any other risks involved in creating a new booking and cancelling the old?

Fare rules
Change your flight: Permitted at a charge of EUR125.
Cancel your flight: Before departure permitted at a charge of EUR175. After departure refunds are not permitted. Refund administration fee: Etihad charges service fees for all tickets being processed for a refund, in addition to any fare penalties applicable.

Not sure why I was quoted 250 per person to cancel.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
That's probably the described service fee, which is on top of the penalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.