FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Dubai layover: what Emirates provides (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/661893-dubai-layover-what-emirates-provides.html)

cpx Mar 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by qasr (Post 7482037)
Bump... anyone? :)

i *think* you should, but you should call EK. they should be able to
tell you the details and book a hotel room/preference in advance.

qasr Mar 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by cpx (Post 7482157)
i *think* you should, but you should call EK. they should be able to
tell you the details and book a hotel room/preference in advance.

Yeah, I was going to anyway. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure...

LAX UA 1K Mar 31, 2007 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by qasr (Post 7482169)
Yeah, I was going to anyway. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure...

Would be good to post the answer on STPC (which stands for Services To be Paid by Carrier, not Stopver).

Charles

LAX UA 1K Mar 31, 2007 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1 (Post 7482027)
Aren't there sleeping rooms in the Emirates F Lounge?

How are they?
Can you just ask for access at the reception desk of the lounge or do I have to pre-reserve?
How many are there?

Yes, they have sleeping rooms which you ask for when you arrive, first come first served. I believe they allow you to use them up to 8 hours. They are very nice. I think they also have smaller ones in the J lounge, but I haven't been to the newish J lounge to check.

I don't remember how many there are, maybe around 5-6.

Charles

sadiqhassan Mar 31, 2007 5:21 pm

AFAIK J lounge has four (maybe more after refurb) with walkthrough semi-ensuite rooms. The F class lounge (haven't been in ages :p ) had 6 ensuite rooms.

Generally they are impossible to get between 10pm and 2am and 6am and 10am. If you have a long connection, you can usually ask the receptionist to put your name on a list so that you get a room once it has been vacated.

Cheers

bhd87 Apr 2, 2007 9:50 pm

I spoke with a CSR based in Bombay tonite who told me that I would not qualify for a hotel room as my booking is a RTW (EK/UA, C Class). It seems other have been able to secure the hotel on RTWs. Should I try the USA office tommorow?

Anyone have their e-mail address? I saw it in a post and forgot where.

Thanks!

imslickrick2k May 26, 2008 4:38 pm

I just booked YYZ-DXB-NBO with a 16 hour stop over in DXB. Travel agent tells me it's an E ticket and the accomodations are paid by the carrier (arriving at 6pm and departing at 10:30am the following day)

Can anyone comment whether this is accurate or any additional information that can help?

sadiqhassan May 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by imslickrick2k (Post 9780558)
I just booked YYZ-DXB-NBO with a 16 hour stop over in DXB. Travel agent tells me it's an E ticket and the accomodations are paid by the carrier (arriving at 6pm and departing at 10:30am the following day)

Can anyone comment whether this is accurate or any additional information that can help?

If the TA is telling the truth (which we don't know - it depends on your fare class only Y W M N qualify IIRC) then he / she should be able to arrange it for you.

Cheers,

DYKWIA May 27, 2008 12:07 am

Originally Posted by imslickrick2k (Post 9780558)

Try reading the responses in the thread you started about this.

Cheers,
Rick

desanmiguel Jun 7, 2008 12:37 pm

Will this fly ...

I am flying DAM-DXB-PER.

If I book in J, there is no availability of the first connecting flight - which gives me a nice long stoppover which I can't avoid! (Arrive 1450, Dep 1000, or something like that).

But I really want to fly F - but there are seats on the first connecting flight (0235am - yuck).

So my cunning plan is to book in J first ... and arrange the hotel voucher etc. Then "upgrade to F" a few days later ... and retain the hotel reservations.

Will this work?

Thanks

sadiqhassan Jun 7, 2008 12:58 pm

If you are flying on a day where EK914 also operates, you will probably have a hard time getting STPC.

Otherwise, I don't see a problem.

Cheers,

kev2bin Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm

emirates layover policy RE: hotel room

I will be booking a cheap fare ticket with expedia from nyc to Bangkok roundtrip with layover in Dubai. On our return trip the cheapest ticket has a 13 hour layover. There is a slightly more expensive ticket with a 6 1/ 2 hr layover.. since the ticket price is more for the shorter layover .. I prefer to purchase the longer layover ( cheaper RT ticket price) Will emirates provide a hotel room for the 13 hour layover... how do I request it in advance ..thanks everyone for your assistance

ft101 Sep 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by kev2bin (Post 21421464)
I will be booking a cheap fare ticket with expedia from nyc to Bangkok roundtrip with layover in Dubai. On our return trip the cheapest ticket has a 13 hour layover. There is a slightly more expensive ticket with a 6 1/ 2 hr layover.. since the ticket price is more for the shorter layover .. I prefer to purchase the longer layover ( cheaper RT ticket price) Will emirates provide a hotel room for the 13 hour layover... how do I request it in advance ..thanks everyone for your assistance

No.

If you chose to take the long stopover rather than the earlier flight you will not be entitled to the "Dubai Connect" service as EK calls it.

Details on the website here:

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...i-connect.aspx

Northumberland Lady Sep 13, 2013 1:28 am

Here's a question.
Suppose you were entitled to a layover, but you decided to book and pay for your own hotel, could you still take the food vouchers for Le Meridian? I love the Thai restaurant but not so keen on the hotel!

DYKWIA Sep 13, 2013 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady (Post 21437006)
Here's a question.
Suppose you were entitled to a layover, but you decided to book and pay for your own hotel, could you still take the food vouchers for Le Meridian? I love the Thai restaurant but not so keen on the hotel!

I don't see why not. Just check in at the Le Meridien, get your vouchers, and then get a taxi to your alternative hotel.

I also love the Thai - Sukhothai :) Very convenient for a lovely meal followed by a few beers in the Dubliner next door.