FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Trouble managing reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1967624-trouble-managing-reservation.html)

ASA_1 Apr 30, 2019 11:20 am

Trouble managing reservation

i booked a business class round trip last night and added it to my trips in the app, and looked at it on the website. The reservation went from confirmed to ticketed today. For some reason, now I keep getting an error when I try and access the reservation both online and in the app. I tried removing the reservation from my trips and adding it back and that didn’t work either. Is this an isolated incident, or are others having trouble managing their reservation today? This is my first time flying Emirates so I’m still learning their app/website.

adinwoodie Apr 30, 2019 11:32 am

I’m having a similar problem. Booked a holiday via Emirates including flights. It originally showed in the app then disappeared when I paid the balance. I called them and they said there was a backlog in ticketing and it was being done in order of flight date. Another couple of weeks have passed with no change so I’ll be calling them again soon.

ASA_1 Apr 30, 2019 11:34 am

My flt is in about a week and a half so I’ll keep an eye on it. Mainly I wanted to secure the chauffeur service and confirm my seat selection. Thanks for confirming it’s not just me!

DYKWIA Apr 30, 2019 12:03 pm

Try logging out and accessing the trip using the PNR and surname.

That's been known to work in the past...

ASA_1 Apr 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31053136)
Try logging out and accessing the trip using the PNR and surname.

That's been known to work in the past...

hmm, I don’t have a skywards account with Emirates. I’m using the flt to earn Alaska miles. So I’m not sure I ever really logged in. I’ve only ever used my surname and Booking Reference number. I did try deleting and reinstalling the app just now and that didn’t work.

skywardhunter Apr 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1 (Post 31053881)

hmm, I don’t have a skywards account with Emirates. I’m using the flt to earn Alaska miles. So I’m not sure I ever really logged in. I’ve only ever used my surname and Booking Reference number. I did try deleting and reinstalling the app just now and that didn’t work.

In my experience EK reservations have always ticketed instantly. How did you book and do you have an e-ticket pdf? What exactly are you having trouble with? Does it not find the reservation at all?

ASA_1 Apr 30, 2019 7:21 pm

I called and they did confirm everything is ticketed. It's just frustrating because I can't manage any aspect of the it without calling at this point. Hopefully it's a glitch that will resolve itself soon.

On the app, I get the following error:

"There was an error retrieving you booking. Please Check the booking reference you entered and try again"

On the website I get the following error:

Warning:

Tanzguy May 1, 2019 12:21 am

Originally Posted by ASA_1 (Post 31054460)
I called and they did confirm everything is ticketed. It's just frustrating because I can't manage any aspect of the it without calling at this point. Hopefully it's a glitch that will resolve itself soon.

On the app, I get the following error:

"There was an error retrieving you booking. Please Check the booking reference you entered and try again"

On the website I get the following error:

Warning:

Yes, I get this constantly have this problem on the App with all three of my upcoming reservations. However on the website, all is good

ASA_1 May 9, 2019 9:57 pm

once again, the app and website wont let me manage my reservation. I'm inside 48 hours and I can't checkin, and my seat selection changed from a window seat in business, to a inboard aisle seat in business without explanation. My first time traveling on Emirates is already disappointing

boredonboard May 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Really sorry to hear about your predicament. I would advise you to call emirates to make sure you get your seat and chauffeur booking confirmed. Otherwise, make sure to let checkin staff know about your seat assignment issues as well. They can possibly help you get some nice seats that are blocked until check in counter opens