Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by rustum76
Thanks for the update. Some reason airline combined my first name with middle name.
Mine is combined too on my account, but they swear it's not an issue and that their system combines first and last names automatically including your title. For instance, a full name would read like this on the ticket "DOE/JohnadamMR" or on your account profile as Mr Johnadam Doe".

Unfortunately, their outdated computer system isn't designed to accept middle names separately. And they don't require it actually per numerous CS reps I spoke to regarding this issue.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:13 pm

Hi
How strict Emirates with carry on bag dimensions. We are flying out from dfw to India. We can check on 2 bags based on info on tickets. We are assuming we can carry one laptop bag and another Carey bag each in cabin.

Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Hi
How strict Emirates with carry on bag dimensions. We are flying out from dfw to India. We can check on 2 bags based on info on tickets. We are assuming we can carry one laptop bag and another Carey bag each in cabin.

Thanks
One carry on bag only. Two if you're in First/Business class. However, I've seen people with two bags before in economy flying from LAX-DXB. It's a gamble.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jun 29, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:39 am

Even though they may have shown leniency in the past, there are also reports of them playing by the rules. Stick to one bag of the right size.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Even though they may have shown leniency in the past, there are also reports of them playing by the rules. Stick to one bag of the right size.
thanks for timely update. Planning to check in carrybag. Are they very strict about carry bag dimensions? Is it fine like flying on AA.

THANKS
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I'm flying on EK433 later this month (BNE-DXB) and then a connection to EK25 in J. The dining menu is showing for EK25 but not EK433. Is that likely to change? I'd like to see what will be available.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by weegraeme
I'm flying on EK433 later this month (BNE-DXB) and then a connection to EK25 in J. The dining menu is showing for EK25 but not EK433. Is that likely to change? I'd like to see what will be available.
It does appear to be here...well up to end of the month. Enjoy
https://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdf...d6fba86362ca00

and 2nd leg as well
https://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdf...d6fba86493f700
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:08 am

Thanks for that. For some reason, only the menu for EK25 is showing up when I log in to my booking.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Thanks for that. For some reason, only the menu for EK25 is showing up when I log in to my booking.
No worries...I'm flying EK J next month for only the second time and last time was some years ago, so I'm eagerly awaiting next month's menus... hopefully I won't be disappointed
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:29 pm

Hey guys,

Question please... We're looking to go to Maldives in September and have been looking into various flight options. We'd also like to stopover somewhere to get some activities into the trip. So far, stopping over in Dubai would work best and then going to Maldives. We're planning on using award tickets and have both AA and UR points. When we check business class award availability on EK, we find seats that work great. However, checking on partner airlines (Qantas and Alaska) doesn't yield the same seats. We'd like to book on Alaska to pay fewer miles and fewer surcharges. EK is charging about $3k round trip in surcharges while Alaska is about $100. Is there any way we can get the tickets using Alaska miles instead?

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: Emirates
Hi,
I have 9500 Skyward points to spend (on something other than flights/accommodation). Are there any options to spend miles on things such as online Emirates stores?

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by gentlewhisperer
Hi,
I have 9500 Skyward points to spend (on something other than flights/accommodation). Are there any options to spend miles on things such as online Emirates stores?

Thanks
The EK High Street which was their online shop closed earlier this year. You can still use them for easyJet flights, car hire, various sporting event tickets and more. Look on the website under "Partners"
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver (thru SPG), SPG plat (lifetime gold), Hilton Silver
What to expect

Afternoon all,

My fiance and I are flying IAD-DXB (2 day stop) - MRU - DXB- IAD in August.

We are business class on the A380 and we are newbs to the whole EK experience. I've done Polaris LAX - PVG and that was very nice but how does that compare to Emirates Business class? I've looked at the videos on the EK site, looks nice but would love to have feedback from others.

I'm 6'3" and Polaris was impossible to lay completely flat and sleep as my size 14 feet did NOT fit in the cubby at all so I had to 'lounge chair' to get any rest. Similar issues with EK? We are E+F on three legs and A+B on the 2nd leg.

What is the DXB lounge like? Showers?

We are staying in DXB for two days. Any tips on what to see?

Thanks all and have a great day

-k
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:47 am

I'm flying out on EK433 (BNE-DXB via SIN) in J. It's a QF classic reward ticket. The flight departs at 02:35. The Emirates website says that the lounge is open from 17:30 until 02:00. If I was arrive at the airport at around 21:00, would I be likely to be admitted to the lounge? Failing that, I'd be able to access the QF lounge, wouldn't I? I've never been to either lounge in Brisbane. I've never flown internationally from BNE on EK before and the last time I flew internationally in J on QF, the lounge was being rebuilt and all we got was a Coffee Club voucher. Even then I had to argue the point with QF staff.

I won't be going there with a sense of entitlement, but I want to know beforehand what they should do.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm flying out on EK433 (BNE-DXB via SIN) in J. It's a QF classic reward ticket. The flight departs at 02:35. The Emirates website says that the lounge is open from 17:30 until 02:00. If I was arrive at the airport at around 21:00, would I be likely to be admitted to the lounge? Failing that, I'd be able to access the QF lounge, wouldn't I? I've never been to either lounge in Brisbane. I've never flown internationally from BNE on EK before and the last time I flew internationally in J on QF, the lounge was being rebuilt and all we got was a Coffee Club voucher. Even then I had to argue the point with QF staff.

I won't be going there with a sense of entitlement, but I want to know beforehand what they should do.
Do you have checked luggage? If so, your issue may be that you may not be able drop your bags off until around 3.5 hours before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.