Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by AmynM
Howdy. How harsh are the boarding agents at Dulles for flights to Dubai? I read one carry on is permitted. I am used to 1 roll-away plus a laptop bag. Do I need to consolidate to the roll-away and a man purse?

Figure flights will be empty this month being off-season for travel.

Thank you for your kind response.
Technically only one carry-on of any kind, so whether your second one is a man purse or a laptop bag is irrelevant. That being said I've never had an issue in the past bringing two on, but that shouldn't be taken as a promise that it's possible (I've never flown EK from IAD).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:25 pm

Howdy. How harsh are the boarding agents at Dulles for flights to Dubai? I read one carry on is permitted. I am used to 1 roll-away plus a laptop bag. Do I need to consolidate to the roll-away and a man purse?

Figure flights will be empty this month being off-season for travel.

Thank you for your kind response.
why do you think it’s off season? Feb half term coming up and uk Dxb flights and Europe Dxb flights are really busy
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red

why do you think it’s off season? Feb half term coming up and uk Dxb flights and Europe Dxb flights are really busy
Thank you for your wisdom. Your post is very helpful.
m3red likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:53 pm

How harsh are the boarding agents at Dulles for flights to Dubai? I read one carry on is permitted. I am used to 1 roll-away plus a laptop bag. Do I need to consolidate to the roll-away and a man purse?
If your laptop bag is just a sleeve type it's a bit more reasonable. If it's like mine, full of cables, various bric a brac, paperwork and a set of underwear, then it replaces a rollaboard as my carry on. Anecdotal tales here may give a warm feeling you can break the rules but aren't a guarantee.
AmynM likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:56 am

Hi there EK FT community, I ve got few questions here
1. EF flight availability shows that on my future flights there is P7, does that automatically means that there are 7 (not taken yet) email cash-upgrade available
2. Is the cash-upgrade email offer sent to people on random or does it follow specific formula (platinum first, etc)
3. Does the upgrade fees varies between saver or flex or is it one price fit all regardless of the booking class fare
Thanks in advance
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by cheyru
Hi there EK FT community, I ve got few questions here
1. EF flight availability shows that on my future flights there is P7, does that automatically means that there are 7 (not taken yet) email cash-upgrade available
2. Is the cash-upgrade email offer sent to people on random or does it follow specific formula (platinum first, etc)
3. Does the upgrade fees varies between saver or flex or is it one price fit all regardless of the booking class fare
Thanks in advance
1. Yes
2. We don't know
3. I think it's the same. Whenever P>0 I find that if I perform OLCI via the full desktop website I get an offer, otherwise you can try calling and say the link in the e-mail didn't work
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:43 pm

Row 53

Hi.

on 5th August I am flying DXB to LGW on an A380 with an infant in tow. The seat reservations in the left hand side of the lower deck has no row 52 ABC. The bassinet row on this side of the aircraft seems to be 53 ABC. All seat maps on the Emirates website shows that row 52 is the bassinet row on all A380 types.

I have checked with Emirates and they say that on our flight row 53 ABC is the bassinet row.

Any idea what’s happened to row 52 on this side of the aircraft and why this config isn’t shown on the Emirates website? Is the row we have chosen comfortable?

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by JohnWex
Hi.

on 5th August I am flying DXB to LGW on an A380 with an infant in tow. The seat reservations in the left hand side of the lower deck has no row 52 ABC. The bassinet row on this side of the aircraft seems to be 53 ABC. All seat maps on the Emirates website shows that row 52 is the bassinet row on all A380 types.

I have checked with Emirates and they say that on our flight row 53 ABC is the bassinet row.

Any idea what’s happened to row 52 on this side of the aircraft and why this config isn’t shown on the Emirates website? Is the row we have chosen comfortable?

Thanks!
That is very odd as indeed, 52 ABC is a row for bassinets - on all of EK's three different types of A380.

I would call them again or use their website chat to clarify.

Could you post a screen shot of the seat map that you see?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR
That is very odd as indeed, 52 ABC is a row for bassinets - on all of EK's three different types of A380.

I would call them again or use their website chat to clarify.

Could you post a screen shot of the seat map that you see?
Hi,

Yes, I’ve chatted to Emirates and they confirmed 53 ABC is a bassinet row on this flight!! Not sure what’s going on...

Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by JohnWex

Hi,

Yes, I’ve chatted to Emirates and they confirmed 53 ABC is a bassinet row on this flight!! Not sure what’s going on...

Don’t know how to attach the screenshot...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:52 pm

I've noticed this on the seat map on numerous occasions and I suspect a bug in their system. If you do a Street View walkthrough of the cabin you can clearly see Row 52 seats A, B and C as being the bulkhead.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:58 am

Members greeting and express card in DXB for Pt & Gd

I recall that plats & gold member used to be greeted and given express card just before the flight take off.
is this not the case anymore or only Plats now?

I'm a lowly gold and currently otw to DXB.
didn't receive my express card.
my connection in DXB is only 2hrs so kinda need the card to avoid queue.
I'm thinking of asking the crew but don't want to be a dykwia just in case the rules changed to high gold/ plats only now.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by cheyru
I recall that plats & gold member used to be greeted and given express card just before the flight take off.
is this not the case anymore or only Plats now?

I'm a lowly gold and currently otw to DXB.
didn't receive my express card.
my connection in DXB is only 2hrs so kinda need the card to avoid queue.
I'm thinking of asking the crew but don't want to be a dykwia just in case the rules changed to high gold/ plats only now.
The cards are no longer in use, you show you onwards BP to access the Fast Track line. That being said, I rarely find the need to use the Fast Track line as often there is virtually no queue at the regular line either. Security has not taken me more than 5 minutes at any point in the past year (15 transits through DXB)
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The cards are no longer in use, you show you onwards BP to access the Fast Track line. That being said, I rarely find the need to use the Fast Track line as often there is virtually no queue at the regular line either. Security has not taken me more than 5 minutes at any point in the past year (15 transits through DXB)
Or in my last 6 transits...the Fast Track line closed

Luckily the lines were very short though!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Platinum
just completed a flight into IAD on the 380. Row 45 is bulkhead and has a basinet service, too. I it is more roomy there at the center of the aircraft. I would try for that if I were you. You get access to four bathrooms closeby, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.