Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Double Tier Miles Offer - Emirates and Flydubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Tier Miles Offer - Emirates and Flydubai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Wouldn't the OP need an Indian Visa for that (unless the OP is of Indian origin /has OCI etc )
Yes. Most nationalities get an eVisa for India now though
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:02 am

Just bought a Y Flex return for Feb, just in time before promo ends, shows full double miles, CPT-HYD/BOM-CPT earning 15k miles. for 570USD not a bad return (got a discount from my bank and co-paid with some of the bank's loyalty points, face value of the fare is $773)
Mitglied and Will08 like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
just bought a y flex return for feb, just in time before promo ends, shows full double miles, cpt-hyd/bom-cpt earning 15k miles. For 570usd not a bad return (got a discount from my bank and co-paid with some of the bank's loyalty points, face value of the fare is $773)
👍😀
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Skywards
Just bought a Y Flex return for Feb, just in time before promo ends, shows full double miles, CPT-HYD/BOM-CPT earning 15k miles. for 570USD not a bad return (got a discount from my bank and co-paid with some of the bank's loyalty points, face value of the fare is $773)
Nice
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:01 am

I booked the one I mentioned upthread (although took the return in Flex Plus rather than Flex). Looks to work out about the same cost per mile as yours and will restore my Gold before the 2 month extension of benefits run out.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I booked the one I mentioned upthread (although took the return in Flex Plus rather than Flex). Looks to work out about the same cost per mile as yours and will restore my Gold before the 2 month extension of benefits run out.
Nice. Mine's an actual trip I had to book anyway (and I book Y Flex generally as it's not much more than Saver) so worked well for me. Would've been nice to squeeze in some more, am tempted to go for Plat next year, but with all-Y travel that's going to be a stretch
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Nice. Mine's an actual trip I had to book anyway (and I book Y Flex generally as it's not much more than Saver) so worked well for me. Would've been nice to squeeze in some more, am tempted to go for Plat next year, but with all-Y travel that's going to be a stretch
I was tempted during this tier miles offer, I will be 34k short this year but my cut off is March and I have flights already booked for this month and January. In the end I couldn't justify booking another flight just for the tier miles. Come February though and I will probably regret not doing it.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:50 am

Mine is an actual trip too, for a couple of weeks planned holiday. I've just tacked on an extra few days in Aus and timed my return to meet up with a mate in DXB, so wins all around.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:16 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Maybe you can start a new thread: 'the cheapskate's way to Plat"....
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:39 am

Has any one changed a flight they booked with this offer? A family member has been told (over the phone) that they would lose the promotion if they changed the flights. If that is the case its flying Y and keeping the tier miles or changing to fly J and forfeiting them..
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Will08
Has any one changed a flight they booked with this offer? A family member has been told (over the phone) that they would lose the promotion if they changed the flights. If that is the case its flying Y and keeping the tier miles or changing to fly J and forfeiting them..
I'd imagine it depends on the type of change, if the ticket is re-issued I supposed there's a new ticketing date which falls outside the promotion period, however I'd still argue that one should be eligible. I've upgraded flights that have had similar offers with miles without issue, which also causes a new eticket to be generated. I'd not trust what an agent says, they'd likely have little insight. Try asking on Twitter, I've found they pass these on to the Skywards desk and it takes a few days but they do come back with an answer. I asked them whether a mixed fare itinerary where some flights are Y Saver would qualify, since the offer was for Flex or above only, and they took a few days but eventually confirmed the Flex flights on the ticket would qualify
Will08 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:28 am

I'd imagine it depends on the type of change, if the ticket is re-issued I supposed there's a new ticketing date which falls outside the promotion period, however I'd still argue that one should be eligible. I've upgraded flights that have had similar offers with miles without issue, which also causes a new eticket to be generated. I'd not trust what an agent says, they'd likely have little insight. Try asking on Twitter, I've found they pass these on to the Skywards desk and it takes a few days but they do come back with an answer. I asked them whether a mixed fare itinerary where some flights are Y Saver would qualify, since the offer was for Flex or above only, and they took a few days but eventually confirmed the Flex flights on the ticket would qualify
Their response so far for anyone who may find themselves in a similar predicament...

"Thanks for your request.

I wish to Clarify that as per the promotion, you need to issue your tickets between the 26th November to 3rd December 2018 and the travel dates from the 26th November 2018 to 31st March 2019.

If you are doing a date change, then your tickets will be reissued. In this case I cannot confirm if you will be eligible for the Double Tier Bonues Miles."

I look forward to your reply."

So that is it clarified then, they don't know!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum, Marriott Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Will08
It Just happened to me where i have to reissue a Business Flex Ticket flight date to Afternoon flight from Morning Flight where sure i am still within the Travel Date Promo Interval but i have lost the Promo as their Support Team via Chat informed me the Issue Date as well must be within Promo Buying Time

In other meaning it was Better to mention this clearly in their Terms That REissue of Ticket will cancel the Promo, i would not go ahead and bought that time several Tickets
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:54 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I wonder what will happen if I do a miles upgrade on my ‘double tier miles’ ticket? I would have thought that this would not be a ‘re-issue’, but they appear to be very sticky with this. Any idea? I have an auto upgrade set at the moment.
Those double tier miles are instrumental in maintaining Gold........
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:52 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I wonder what will happen if I do a miles upgrade on my ‘double tier miles’ ticket? I would have thought that this would not be a ‘re-issue’, but they appear to be very sticky with this. Any idea? I have an auto upgrade set at the moment.
Those double tier miles are instrumental in maintaining Gold........
Your ticket does not get reissued.

The upgrade (if successful) is only changing where you will sit on the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.