FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Stansted Airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1916217-stansted-airport.html)

Ashp Jun 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Stansted Airport

Will be flying from Stansted soon , just wanted to know a few things .
1) is there a fast track for business passengers ?
2) if or what lounge is used ?
3) where are the checkin desks located ?

Francois85 Jun 26, 2018 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Ashp (Post 29902056)
Will be flying from Stansted soon , just wanted to know a few things .
1) is there a fast track for business passengers ?
2) if or what lounge is used ?
3) where are the checkin desks located ?

1) Yes, I was able to use the fast track lane without any issues on departure last week. When you get to the fast track lane there is a big board with all there partners and Emirates is listed.

2) They use the Escape lounge, but it seems as if Emirates have some special relationship with them. I was told to ignore the sign in front of the lounge indicating they reach capacity. On arrival they checked me of some list they had and took me to a table they reserved for me at the far end of the lounge.

3) Around the center of the terminal, driver drops you of right in front of the checking desks. It was only a short walk to security

Ashp Jun 26, 2018 3:45 pm

A Big thank you to FRANCOIS85 . Very much appreciate your reply .

weld3z Jun 27, 2018 10:43 am

Is there fast train to London like Heathrow Gatwic express how far by car ?

Thanks

DYKWIA Jun 27, 2018 11:03 am

Originally Posted by weld3z (Post 29912459)
Is there fast train to London like Heathrow Gatwic express how far by car ?

Thanks

LMGTFY

gillyd22 Jul 4, 2018 7:19 am

Chauffeur service at Stanstead

Hi. Does anyone know if the CD service will take you to central London? About to book a flight to LON and usually go to LGW but thought it might be good to experience the new F. But need to know the CD will take me to central London!! Any replies would be most welcome! M3red has tempted me to new F,!!!

skywardhunter Jul 4, 2018 9:28 am

Originally Posted by gillyd22 (Post 29936919)
Hi. Does anyone know if the CD service will take you to central London? About to book a flight to LON and usually go to LGW but thought it might be good to experience the new F. But need to know the CD will take me to central London!! Any replies would be most welcome! M3red has tempted me to new F,!!!

Did you check the website? Days 50 driven km from STN, Google maps can tell you how far central London is

gav0106 Jul 5, 2018 1:41 am

Originally Posted by gillyd22 (Post 29936919)

I have flight booked, and pick up from Bermondsey to STN no problems. Should be fine for Central London

gillyd22 Jul 5, 2018 1:52 am

Originally Posted by gav0106 (Post 29939664)
I have flight booked, and pick up from Bermondsey to STN no problems. Should be fine for Central London

Brilliant! Many thanks.

CityRules Nov 19, 2019 1:34 am

What are the criteria for fast track through security at Stansted? I know you can pay but are there other means like priority pass etc?

Zol Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by CityRules (Post 31753123)
What are the criteria for fast track through security at Stansted? I know you can pay but are there other means like priority pass etc?

Generally speaking or for EK passengers?

safari_7 Nov 19, 2019 10:12 pm

The Escape Lounge is awful ..... The Check in staff will tell you, "we are sorry we don't have an EK lounge here in STN" ...... ;)

Everything is quick and efficient in the airport, though..... Fast track etc etc.,

EK004 Regular Nov 22, 2019 9:03 am

You're better off going to The Camden and grabbing a seat in there, rather than going to the lounge. I have never had any issues with STN, I really like it. Its only 20 minutes from my home, so that has a big impact. Coming in from DXB, I my record aircraft to car (DC) is 10 minutes, most of that is the train from the pier that you arrive in to.

Howard Long Mar 3, 2020 10:05 am

I haven't been through Stansted for about 20 years, ISTR it was back in the Air-UK/KLM-UK days, and even then I can only remember arriving there, not departing. I was more of an LCY/LHR boy back then.

I will be travelling EK in F in ten days, so I thought I'd give Stansted a go as I'm working at Canary Wharf at the moment. My thought process was that the trek to STN is likely to be similar to LHR on the Friday evening rush hour, and I've never tried the 777 new F yet.

The car is planned for 16:30 pickup for the EK68 departing at 20:15 which I assume gives a reasonable level of contingency, and to be clear I'd much rather find myself arriving three hours early twiddling my thumbs than T-45 or even T-60 minutes.

I'm not expecting much from the Escape lounge, so are there any other airside recommendations I should be aware of where I can enjoy a reasonable cocktail or two for example, or is Stansted not really that kind of place? Is there a Caviar House type place? Are there shower facilities in Escape? I'm aware of public shower facilities in STN, but you need to bring your own towel, so I don't think that's my kind of place TBH.

lost_in_translation Mar 3, 2020 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Howard Long (Post 32136820)
Is there a Caviar House type place?

No.

Originally Posted by Howard Long (Post 32136820)
Are there shower facilities in Escape?

No.

I would suggest your pick up time is too early, I've been booking cars at that time from SW1 which is a much longer drive at rush hour. Stansted isn't the kind of place you want to spend more time than you absolutely have to. But then you'll board EK new F and remember why you decided to trek out to STN.