FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Does EK Mail Physical Cards? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1891668-does-ek-mail-physical-cards.html)

TBD Feb 1, 2018 8:14 am

Does EK Mail Physical Cards?

Hello,
Bit of a silly question - does Emirates physically mail SkyWards cards for their elite travelers (specifically those outside of the UAE)?

Thanks.

daisymay2 Feb 1, 2018 8:18 am

Yes. I live in the UK and mine arrives by mail every year.

Flaneurs Feb 1, 2018 8:20 am

The rest of the group will be along shortly to correct me.... Yes, living in the USA I have always received my gold card via the mail. There are reports that EK no longer sends physical cards however.

Seaforth Feb 1, 2018 9:20 am

I am in South Africa and received mine last year by Fedex.

skywardhunter Feb 1, 2018 9:29 am

Here's the thread from October that everyone seems to have forgotten about: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...hip-cards.html

thijsseh Feb 1, 2018 9:45 am

When I first qualified for Silver in October 2016, they sent me a Silver card to replace the Blue one (which thy sent me after my first flight after joining the programme a few years ago). When I lost Silver at the end of December, I got an email (actually the first email I opened in 2018) telling me about the virtues of Blue and that I would not get a new card. Now I am back to Silver (28 days of blue, there shame of it.....) and the 'welcome' email did not mention any cards. Mrs t, who kept her Silver stratus, did not get a new card. All in all, it seems that the 'virtual cards only' programme is well on its way (although there has been sporadic mention of cards being issued). I am therefore not holding my breath when I make Gold in 3 weeks time. :(

simons1 Feb 2, 2018 2:27 am

I enquired at Skywards desk in lounge last week and was told no more cards are being issued regardless of tier.

MT_Switch Feb 2, 2018 5:57 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 29370320)
I enquired at Skywards desk in lounge last week and was told no more cards are being issued regardless of tier.

Possibly hit or miss to existing members, new members most likely still receive cards.

sydtogla Feb 2, 2018 9:45 pm

I still get mine in AU, sent from Singapore.

TBD Feb 3, 2018 7:46 am

Sydtogla - when was this?

Sounds like it's hit or miss. I think I prefer virtual cards. I've already got a pile of loyalty cards in a desk somewhere that I never use ....

ghostwrita Feb 3, 2018 1:20 pm

Out of curiousity, besides being used for e-gate in DXB (and you can still use Emirates ID for that) what practical purpose do the physical cards serve.

Not sure how recent the virtual carss thing is. I received my most recent card in December.

S.R Feb 3, 2018 7:09 pm

deleted

sydtogla Feb 4, 2018 12:36 am

Originally Posted by TBD (Post 29374850)
Sydtogla - when was this?

Sounds like it's hit or miss. I think I prefer virtual cards. I've already got a pile of loyalty cards in a desk somewhere that I never use ....

Nov '17 was my last one. I got it because I had asked for some new luggage tags too.

UAEBANDIT Feb 4, 2018 12:41 am

I never received my gold one. I will request it then because I would like the luggage tags.

UAEBANDIT Feb 4, 2018 12:54 am

Ok I called them and received a sloppy reply that the tags and cards have been stopped and she didn't know if they would be restarted but she could see that there was a request next to my account so she said if they have stock then I will receive one and if they don't then I won't and she doesn't know (or seem to care either) if I will get one! It was the weirdest experience I've had on the phone.