Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Airfare from Toronto to Dubai on Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Hi,
My husband and I want to book a trip to Dubai in April. We're looking at the 9th-18th right now.
We want to fly with the Emirates, but the price of a non-stop ticket is $1352 per person.

We've never flown with the Emirates so I don't know if this is a good price or not.
One co-worker mentioned that you can get flights as cheap as $1000 per person, but I haven't come across that.

Do the Emirates also have seat sales? If so, does anyone have an idea of when their sales usually are?

April is really the only time that we can go, so we're hoping to get some answers as to whether $1352 is reasonable.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk, fm85!
I am moving your post to the dedicated Emirates forum.

NewbieRunner, co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
sydtogla likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to FlyerTalk, fm85!
I am moving your post to the dedicated Emirates forum.

NewbieRunner, co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:58 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You'll pay a premium for having a direct flight. You can probably get cheaper fares if you connect in Europe somewhere (London, Paris etc.), but that's obviously less convenient.

Emirates do have sales, but very rarely (if ever) do you see the type of bargains you can get on Qatar.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Direct non-stop flight carries a premium. Turkish, BA, LH, etc likely will be cheaper.

Only you can decide if it's a good price. If you can afford it buy it and don't look back if you really want to experience Emirates and fly non-stop
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:58 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Have you tried searching google to see if there are any local discount codes to bring it down a bit? I have used a discount code that works locally here in AU and it gives me 8% off flex tickets in all classes. Better than nothing!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Have you looked at the price of an open jaw ticket? Home-DestinationA, DXB-YYZ together. It may price out more appropriately to your pocket.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Currently I can't find any offers or coupon codes online that I can use from Toronto. We really would prefer a non stop flight as the travel time is already at 14hrs. I've checked the fare calendar and it doesn't seem like the prices in the upcoming months are any cheaper. I think we will just book and hope that the price doesn't drop before our trip!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fm85
Thanks for the replies. Currently I can't find any offers or coupon codes online that I can use from Toronto.... I think we will just book and hope that the price doesn't drop before our trip!
Everyone, including me, wants to save a dime. That said, if you are comfortable with the EK price, then book it and don't worry about the future price changes. Instead focus on visiting the UAE.

In my opinion, both of you should try several rides on the newish RTA metro. Quite a different ride than the TTC underground.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:52 pm

Lowest I can find from/to Toronto (YYZ) is CAD$ 976..thats on KLM out via (Amsterdam) AMS and Air France back via Paris (CDG).......but a 7 hour layover in Paris...
Much cheaper on EK from the USA...if you can cheaply get to New York..(IF!!!).. under CAD $1000 for direct to DXB....

In fact from there you can fly on Turkish (TK) - only 16 hours each way.. for under CAD$800 (via Istanbul)
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
Lowest I can find from/to Toronto (YYZ) is CAD$ 976..thats on KLM out via (Amsterdam) AMS and Air France back via Paris (CDG).......but a 7 hour layover in Paris...
Much cheaper on EK from the USA...if you can cheaply get to New York..(IF!!!).. under CAD $1000 for direct to DXB....

In fact from there you can fly on Turkish (TK) - only 16 hours each way.. for under CAD$800 (via Istanbul)
Thank you We actually bit the bullet and booked with Emirates. It's been on our bucket list for years, and even though we would prefer a cheaper price, the convenience of the non stop flight, plus being able to knock it off our list, is worth the extra we're paying. Thank you all for your help!
trooper and sydtogla like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmac100
Everyone, including me, wants to save a dime. That said, if you are comfortable with the EK price, then book it and don't worry about the future price changes. Instead focus on visiting the UAE.

In my opinion, both of you should try several rides on the newish RTA metro. Quite a different ride than the TTC underground.
This is actually our plan! We're not renting a car, we're relying on the metro and taxis to get us around. The prices are so reasonable for both, so why not? Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Try to get to Abu Dhabi as well if you can. The Grand Mosque is well worth a visit. Only about 90 minutes away (depending on where you are in Dubai).
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:45 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Oh man, I see the prices dropped to CAD929. (joke)
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Oh man, I see the prices dropped to CAD929. (joke)
Haha, I actually still checked the price today, so I know it didn't drop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.