Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2018 (incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2018 (incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:27 pm

I'm thinking this will be the year Canada will open up. Upgage YYZ to a daily A380 and daily 777 to YVR, YYC and YUL.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:03 pm

I wish Emirates offers a better family Skywards program & lets me pool 100% skywards points of my family members into one account (just like BA Avios).
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I was hoping if they start DXB-PHX nonstop by operated 77LR aircraft. Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:46 pm

I don't know if this is off topic, but FZ is rumoured to start Dubrovnik high summer season service in 2018.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by NOIR
I don't know if this is off topic, but FZ is rumoured to start Dubrovnik high summer season service in 2018.
off-topic too, I heard air Arabia looking at more dests apart from e european/india sub cont/afr .,but also at KUL and SIN.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
I was hoping if they start DXB-PHX nonstop by operated 77LR aircraft. Fingers crossed.
Do you see this as more of an origin market or a connection market? PHX is an AA fortress hub so I'm not sure about feed that can't be gotten through LAX/SEA/DFW/IAH.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Do you see this as more of an origin market or a connection market? PHX is an AA fortress hub so I'm not sure about feed that can't be gotten through LAX/SEA/DFW/IAH.
Surely it's the other way around... all EK flights are generally connections at DXB.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Surely it's the other way around... all EK flights are generally connections at DXB.
The question is are there enough pax who want to travel to the greater PHX area as final destination or live there and want to travel worldwide on EK. Since there isn't a great pool of B6 Connections available.

I'd think that there should definitely be enough of a market for 3-weekly or even daily, given the size of some of the other non-connecting markets EK flies to.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:18 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by smariner
I wish Emirates offers a better family Skywards program & lets me pool 100% skywards points of my family members into one account (just like BA Avios).
I wish EK would make me a full member like EY.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
off-topic too, I heard air Arabia looking at more dests apart from e european/india sub cont/afr .,but also at KUL and SIN.
So I figure with your reply the EK-FZ tie up means nothing, got it now😊
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by NOIR
So I figure with your reply the EK-FZ tie up means nothing, got it now😊
the EK/FZ tie up of course means a lot and I would probably expect to see that "tie up" increasing.
.I was just stating what I heard from a direct source in Sharjah.I was especially surprised to hear SIN mentioned.
​​​​​​Air Arabia(the part of it that is based at SHJ) is of course a separate company at different airport than those two in Dubai.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: Skywards
FZ should fly to Berlin since Emirates won't be allowed.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
FZ should fly to Berlin since Emirates won't be allowed.
I believe that EK are allowed to fly to 4 German destinations, so new airport in BER will be a top priority, even if it means dropping HAM or DUS.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I believe that EK are allowed to fly to 4 German destinations, so new airport in BER will be a top priority, even if it means dropping HAM or DUS.
Or EK could operate a 'subsidary' called 'EKCityLink' and fly to BER. Demand to BER is quite weak - so EK could use a 737max with their 777 J cabin and 'old' F cabin.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
Or EK could operate a 'subsidary' called 'EKCityLink' and fly to BER. Demand to BER is quite weak - so EK could use a 737max with their 777 J cabin and 'old' F cabin.
Or a 787. Berlin will garner a lot of North eastern Germany, especially if HAM is dropped. I don't see them dropping any if their current German destinations to be honest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.