FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates business lounge access denied? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1847216-emirates-business-lounge-access-denied.html)

Flame3601 Jun 12, 2017 12:09 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902 (Post 28431354)
BK, as all burger fast foods, is not healthy.
Prefer something like O'Briens.

Personal preference I guess.

karim787 Jun 12, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28429826)
Cost wise you'd be better served going to Burger King than Marhaba

is it really that bad? i was considering paying for it

ft101 Jun 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902 (Post 28431354)
BK, as all burger fast foods, is not healthy.
Prefer something like O'Briens.

Then eat at O'Briens (whatever that is) the rest of the year. One nasty burger isn't going to do you any harm.

ft101 Jun 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Double post.

skywardhunter Jun 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by karim787 (Post 28432894)
is it really that bad? i was considering paying for it

I haven't been but it's generally reported to be about as crowded as (...trying to think of something less offensive...)... India?

Also you pay extra for showers AFAIK, and any lounge buffet is never as amazing. For 40$, you'd be better of paying 20$ for something at O'briens (you'll probably get some onion rings, not much more). That being said, isn't O'brien's the Irish pub in Concourse C opposite and before the EK J lounge? Being a pub, also not recommended for a minor.

You can go to the Haagen Dasz place, or McDonalds, or Costa, or Ocean Basket (a South African franchise! yay!) or Starbucks (ugh...) but the point being, you should probably have booked the 1h transit :D

ft101 Jun 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28433577)
That being said, isn't O'brien's the Irish pub in Concourse C opposite and before the EK J lounge?

That's McGettigans I think (I was in Concourse C for the first time in a while last week). I noticed the name as I still thought it was the Irish Something or other.

skywardhunter Jun 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 28433628)
That's McGettigans I think (I was in Concourse C for the first time in a while last week). I noticed the name as I still thought it was the Irish Something or other.

Yes! you're right. O'briens may well be another irish pub somewhere else, in recent years I've spent more time in the lounges and less in the terminals. There was a time I would be doing 17h transits airside in DXB with no lounge access (yes yes, I know.. I was young and had stamina...) and I would've known all these places but now...

DYKWIA Jun 13, 2017 1:20 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 28433628)
I noticed the name as I still thought it was the Irish Something or other.

There is (was?) also the Irish Village.

Ahmed777 Jun 13, 2017 2:01 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28433577)
I haven't been but it's generally reported to be about as crowded as (...trying to think of something less offensive...)... India?

Also you pay extra for showers AFAIK, and any lounge buffet is never as amazing. For 40$, you'd be better of paying 20$ for something at O'briens (you'll probably get some onion rings, not much more). That being said, isn't O'brien's the Irish pub in Concourse C opposite and before the EK J lounge? Being a pub, also not recommended for a minor.

You can go to the Haagen Dasz place, or McDonalds, or Costa, or Ocean Basket (a South African franchise! yay!) or Starbucks (ugh...) but the point being, you should probably have booked the 1h transit :D

There's an Ocean Basket at DXB!? Since when?

skywardhunter Jun 13, 2017 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed777 (Post 28435703)
There's an Ocean Basket at DXB!? Since when?

Always has been AFAIK. It's next to Burger King I think, it's at one of the ends of Concourse B, either the one leading to C or the other one.

ft101 Jun 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 28435625)
There is (was?) also the Irish Village.

I think that's what I saw and it's now McGettigans, but it's been a while since I've not had lounge entry, or been to Concourse C, so not 100% sure.

RisottoKimodo Mar 30, 2018 4:16 am

AFAIK this is not policy anymore.
As a "Young Traveller" in EK's books I have no problem entering the J lounge in DXB.
The way to tackle it is to take down the staff's name, make a verbal threat that you will take things to higher management and how much you spend on the airline and all of the "dragons" leave you alone. As a consumer paying a "Adult" fare anything and everything available to an older PAX should be available to myself. I have no hesitation of shouting at a phone agent and asking for a manager. Money doesn't grow on trees and my patience doens't either.