Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK changing A380 from Auckland to Sydney/Sydney to Auckland to QF A330

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK changing A380 from Auckland to Sydney/Sydney to Auckland to QF A330

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sydtogla
I was meaning EK407 which is a 3 class A388. No changes to that yet.
EK407 does not operate MEL-SYD
For the MEL-SYD leg , if EK is prepared to allow AKL-MEL-SYD, the passenger would be in business class - OP stated "I won't accept to be downgraded do QF business Class"

There is a bit more chance that EK might allow this routing than the ridiculous request for a 14,959 mile detour of AKL-DXB-SYD at 16,304 miles
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
Hi there Dudu777 and welcome to the Emirates Forum ^

I'm not sure I fully/correctly understand your 'idea' and perhaps you might clarify.

Are you actually suggesting - as a straight alternative to your booked F class sector AKL-SYD - that EK should instead fly you to Sydney via Dubai ; thereby providing well over thirty hours of F class travel rather than just three ......
Hi. Thanks for the reception. I would love if EK could send me via DXB. LOL Yeah, I know it's very difficult.... I'll try the short leg.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What do you intend to do if this "plan" doesn't work out?
I'll try flying First with EK to MEL or BNE and then with QF on Business Class to SYD.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dudu777
I'll try flying First with EK to MEL or BNE and then with QF on Business Class to SYD.
I've just talked to the EK team in DXB and they said there's no possibility to re-route to MEL ou BNE (I didn't considered DXB anymore). They said "Fly Qantas or get full refund). Simply as it gets.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I've just talked to the EK team in DXB and they said there's no possibility to re-route to MEL ou BNE (I didn't considered DXB anymore). They said "Fly Qantas or get full refund). Simply as it gets.
Hang up, try again!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:01 pm

That is what I would have expected
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I've done these trans-Tasman sectors in F with EK on a number of occasions. They're so short as to be almost over before you know it, and the only reason I was in F was because the sectors were ticketed as part of a much wider F class itinerary with EK. To book them as a 'standalone' trip in F really would be a total waste of money IMO (though I do realise that's a subjective matter ....)

Being a big fan of the new layout A330 offered by QF in J, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way (whether figuratively or literally !) to use EK instead for this route.

(as an aside, would have loved to hear the reaction of the EK call centre to the original re-route via DXB plan .... but seems like the conversation didn't get that far .......)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:47 pm

Thumbs up

Latest news regarding my trip. I was re-routed via CHC... At least I'll have the chance to fly First on A380... ^
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Latest news regarding my trip. I was re-routed via CHC... At least I'll have the chance to fly First on A380... ^
Well done, I'm glad you've got it sorted and you still get to experience F. What option have they given you to position yourself at CHC from AKL?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Good outcome for DUDU but not for me. EK could not book us in business with Qantas after all. Were told it would cost an additional $900 odd per person to upgrade to business (outrageous)so we have cancelled and are going to fly air nz instead albeit in PE. Annoying though that you still have to apply for refunds online when they have been the change instigators. I tried to wangle some points out of it but they wouldnt have a bar of it.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Susiew237
Good outcome for DUDU but not for me. EK could not book us in business with Qantas after all. Were told it would cost an additional $900 odd per person to upgrade to business (outrageous)so we have cancelled and are going to fly air nz instead albeit in PE. Annoying though that you still have to apply for refunds online when they have been the change instigators. I tried to wangle some points out of it but they wouldnt have a bar of it.
I can understand it since it was only an economy ticket that was purchased which was then upgraded using miles. If you had purchased business class, I am sure that it would have rebooked in business
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:05 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Well done, I'm glad you've got it sorted and you still get to experience F. What option have they given you to position yourself at CHC from AKL?
Presumably AKL-CHC on NZ or JQ (in economy since no domestic cabin higher than this). AKL-CHC is almost half the flight time of AKL-SYD. So instead of a 1-cabin downgrade there is a 2-cabin one for almost half the original flight time, plus the extra time required by the reroute.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Presumably AKL-CHC on NZ or JQ (in economy since no domestic cabin higher than this). AKL-CHC is almost half the flight time of AKL-SYD. So instead of a 1-cabin downgrade there is a 2-cabin one for almost half the original flight time, plus the extra time required by the reroute.
I don't think EK would pay for the domestic reposition.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I don't think EK would pay for the domestic reposition.
This would be my hunch too.

I suspect what's happened is that EK decided to allow a switch of departure point from AKL to CHC (perhaps without change fee/penalty) but have left the matter of the cost of domestic positioning entirely to the OP.

Perhaps we'll be told otherwise ........ which would surprise me. A lot.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
For best value for money, if travelling in the evening, I would go for China Airways. Very cheap fares for a pretty reasonable product
CI will no longer fly between SYD and AKL from December 1.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/carry-...icas-ng-202856

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.