Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

onboard shower and business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

I'm just wondering if there's any way a business class passenger can arrange to use the onboard shower or pay for the privilege besides shelling out the extra $5K plus for a first class ticket?

Anyone seen any reports on this. I'm sure it would take more than being lucky to have a near empty first class cabin and asking nicely, but would love the experience if possible.

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:16 pm

No.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
I shouldn't think so. As a paying customer (and I see that F class tickets can now be had for $10,000 or so from the US West Coast as a 'saver'), I wouldn't look very favorably on a business class passenger using what I have paid for. Remember, the showers are located in the really very spacious F class lavatories - I have never had to wait for one to be available, and to wait because a business class passenger is showering - no way.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
This happened to me just once... but that's after a flight attendant accidentally spilled an entire cup of coffee (thankfully, barely lukewarm) on my pants. Everyone was extremely apologetic and concerned, I was moved to a new seat (alas, also in J class), and I was "invited" to the shower room to freshen up and change into the F class PJs which I was provided with after the incident. To answer the OP's question, I guess exceptional circumstances only.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: EK Gold
Well there's your answer, just get them to throw a drink over you.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:03 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by RichL
Well there's your answer, just get them to throw a drink over you.
Lol
Old May 1, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by babern38
I'm just wondering if there's any way a business class passenger can arrange to use the onboard shower or pay for the privilege besides shelling out the extra $5K plus for a first class ticket?

Anyone seen any reports on this. I'm sure it would take more than being lucky to have a near empty first class cabin and asking nicely, but would love the experience if possible.

Thanks
No chance.

You also get given a timeslot to use the shower and F passengers are also known for changing their minds (I get drunk at the bar and then can't be bothered)
Old May 1, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by pacman3
I shouldn't think so. As a paying customer (and I see that F class tickets can now be had for $10,000 or so from the US West Coast as a 'saver'), I wouldn't look very favorably on a business class passenger using what I have paid for. Remember, the showers are located in the really very spacious F class lavatories - I have never had to wait for one to be available, and to wait because a business class passenger is showering - no way.
You are 100% right.

There is, seemingly, no limit to the number of privileges that some folk would like to enjoy in this world ......... but without the tiresome inconvenience of actually paying for them in the way that other people do.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:53 am

In the absence of a serious service recovery gesture, you could always upgrade with miles
Old May 1, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
EK already is wayyyyy to liberal with upgrades from J to F. It's gotten to the point where quite a lot of passengers expect it. If they opened up the showers to J class it would be a nightmare for EK. Fewer people would pay for F. How would J class passengers feel if they opened the rear stairs and allowed Y PAX to use the onboard lounge?
Old May 1, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Wasn't expecting to get what seemed like a classist lecture on privilege from the first class.

My only other experience with Emirates has been a hugely discounted fee to upgrade form economy to business class at the airport and like the last poster noted, the relative liberal upgrades given.

I kind of had the impression that if the time slots were available(after first class gets their pick) and first class was relatively empty, then Emirates would be fine with someone paying a "small fee" to use the shower.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD

I kind of had the impression that if the time slots were available(after first class gets their pick) and first class was relatively empty, then Emirates would be fine with someone paying a "small fee" to use the shower.
on the surface that may make sense. However, many F pax don't reserve the shower. Especially on ultra long haul flights many just decide to use it whenever they want in the middle of the flight. (That's what I do to take a break in the middle of a flight. When I land I go home or to a hotel so a shower right before landing does nothing for me. If I was going right to work it would be different) That and especially the fact that each shower spa is also the bathroom just makes it impossible to let others in. Imagina paying for F and not having a bathroom avail cuz they were being used by biz class pax. It's not a "class" thing necessarily but you get what you pay for. If F didnt have the extra perks then no one would pay for it. Now if the showers and the toilets were in separate rooms I could see the occasional exception being made. But unfortunately the shower & the lavatory are in the same space so it's just not doable
Old May 1, 2016, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

I agree completely. Just though I had read something where first class passengers were encouraged to use the non-shower first class lavatory. Of course, you pay for the privilege to go where you want to go, when you need to go :-)
Old May 1, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
I agree completely. Just though I had read something where first class passengers were encouraged to use the non-shower first class lavatory. Of course, you pay for the privilege to go where you want to go, when you need to go :-)
On the contrary. F pax are invited to go forward to reassure us that money was well spent :-) We are only led to the U1R lav when both shower rooms are used.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by ioto1902
On the contrary. F pax are invited to go forward to reassure us that money was well spent :-) We are only led to the U1R lav when both shower rooms are used.
Although it does have a window with a lovely view

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.