Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by sleepy_jean
Does anyone feel guilty about all the wastage? In 2017 when we flew long haul in J from Sydney to Dublin via Dubai my partner and I were offered a total of 8 amenity kits between us for the return trip (one kit for each leg). It got a bit ridiculous. I just accepted the one but my partner who liked the razors kept accepting kits just so he could take a few items out and chuck the rest which annoyed me. Mind you if I knew how sought after they were I might’ve kept a few.
I wonder what they do with the bits of leftover kits that get discarded? I hope they get reused or recycled
Hang on to them and give them away when you get home. I distribute my several kits each time I visit my African friends. They LOVE them! They use the contents then the bag is used for other things for years. The favourite one is the tubular ladies F bag. I feel a bit weird asking for the ladies' bag, but there are many more female recipients, so I have to bite the bullet and accept that the FA thinks I'm a cross-dresser!!

Actually, they tell me that guys in F often ask for the ladies' bag for their wives, so that's MY standard line now.
Tanzguy and HawaiiO like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by BadoRas
Hang on to them and give them away when you get home. I distribute my several kits each time I visit my African friends. They LOVE them! They use the contents then the bag is used for other things for years. The favourite one is the tubular ladies F bag. I feel a bit weird asking for the ladies' bag, but there are many more female recipients, so I have to bite the bullet and accept that the FA thinks I'm a cross-dresser!!

Actually, they tell me that guys in F often ask for the ladies' bag for their wives, so that's MY standard line now.
From the pics the ladies' kits look a lot nicer than the men's.
Next time I should remember to ask for a ladies' kit instead.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Apologies to all for a much repeated question. I'm flying in F from LGW to DXB at 14.30 and coneecting onto a flight in F from DXB to JNB which departs at 04.00.
Will I be offfered pyjamas/amenity kit on the 04.00 departure? (not sure when the cut off time is for morning flights)
I understand that they won't be offered for the LGW departure but are they availabe on request? (I prefer to wear the PJs rather than stay in my own clothes for much of a 30 hour door to door journey).

Last edited by pomkiwi; May 11, 2019 at 1:45 am
Old May 11, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Apologies to all for a much repeated question. I'm flying in F from LGW to DXB at 14.30 and coneecting onto a flight in F from DXB to JNB which departs at 04.00.
Will I be offfered pyjamas/amenity kit on the 04.00 departure? (not sure when the cut off time is for morning flights)
I understand that they won't be offered for the LGW departure but are they availabe on request? (I prefer to wear the PJs rather than stay in my own clothes for much of a 30 hour door to door journey).
You will be offered them on the 04:00am departure, and can request them on the 14:30 departure also
Enjoy your trip.
Old May 11, 2019, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
You will be offered them on the 04:00am departure, and can request them on the 14:30 departure also
Enjoy your trip.
Thanks - I've never taken a daytime flight with EK from London only the evening departures and my onward connections from DXB have usually been to Australia - timing not an issue for PJs etc!

Last edited by pomkiwi; May 11, 2019 at 4:34 am
Old May 12, 2019, 11:23 am

To confirm that PJs, amenity kit and carrier bag all happily provided on EK16. Excellent crew and having a lovely time
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:46 pm

Do passengers in First get anything on short flights? Thinking of EK 903/DXB-AMM on the A380.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:32 pm

Same question as above. Ek 103 dxb to athens, actual flight time is 4h 10 mins but the total block out time is 5 h 10 mins. Will I get a amenity kit in 1st?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by tboons
Same question as above. Ek 103 dxb to athens, actual flight time is 4h 10 mins but the total block out time is 5 h 10 mins. Will I get a amenity kit in 1st?
Just ask - if they're loaded, they'll give you one.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:41 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tboons
That's a negative for handouts
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Just came across a post on TripAdvisor Dubai forum where someone said they have stopped handing out amenity kits in Business EK038 BHX-DXB night flight.
Assume that they are still giving them out on EK 0701 DXB-MUR overnight flight?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Just came across a post on TripAdvisor Dubai forum where someone said they have stopped handing out amenity kits in Business EK038 BHX-DXB night flight.
Assume that they are still giving them out on EK 0701 DXB-MUR overnight flight?
Anyone else heard anything please or was the guy on TA mistaken?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Anyone else heard anything please or was the guy on TA mistaken?
I've not heard anything about them not being handed out on night flights of 6+ hours.
In any case - if they're not proactively offered, just ask and (if loaded) you'll get one.
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:42 am

I had a evening/night flght from Hamburg to dubai and a Kit was NOT offered on Business. Disappointing for a $4000 ticket even if it aint an overnight flight.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:04 am

Daytime F flight DXB to JNB, no kits - even on request, but pajamas and slippers proactively offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.