FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1727183-emirates-amenity-bags-kits.html)

skywardhunter Aug 26, 2019 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Ridoor (Post 31456900)
I had a evening/night flght from Hamburg to dubai and a Kit was NOT offered on Business. Disappointing for a $4000 ticket even if it aint an overnight flight.

It's not a $4k kit.. I mean I'd also be a bit disappointed, but not majorly. I just take them home as gifts (after removing to cologne for myself :D), I never use them in flight

daisymay2 Aug 26, 2019 4:24 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 31456971)
It's not a $4k kit.. I mean I'd also be a bit disappointed, but not majorly. I just take them home as gifts (after removing to cologne for myself :D), I never use them in flight

Same here, my spare room is full of kits and I should really sort them out but was hoping to use the cologne on hols so wasn't going to pack any so might pack a small one in case no kit offered.

Zol Aug 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by daisymay2 (Post 31457294)
Same here, my spare room is full of kits and I should really sort them out but was hoping to use the cologne on hols so wasn't going to pack any so might pack a small one in case no kit offered.

So you don't actually use them yet want it anyway?

BadoRas Aug 27, 2019 12:33 pm

I do not understand this obsession that so many people have about amenity kits!

If their removal becomes the next Emirates cost-cutting measure, I expect a renewed tsunami of anger, criticism and paranoia to swamp this thread.

C'mon, it's just a small faux leather bag full of trinkets which most people never use!! Why lust after them?

daisymay2 Aug 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by daisymay2 (Post 31457294)

Zol, See the second part of my sentence about the cologne.

I do use the lotions as well.

Zol Aug 27, 2019 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by daisymay2 (Post 31462873)
Zol, See the second part of my sentence about the cologne.

I do use the lotions as well.

Sure, but since you have so many collected over the years why not use the cologne and lotion from those?

OzTennis Aug 28, 2019 2:32 am

I've seen threads and comments on what type of water and what size of bottle and even the type of bottle it comes in ..................................zzz, it's water for heaven's sake. I guess it's about product differentiation - what you get or don't get for your extra fare c.f. economy and what you don't get c.f. first. The amenity kit is part of the J product like chaffeur drive (well, except on the no frills J introduced), lounge access, bar in A380 etc. There are also very frequent flyers who have amenity kits coming out of their ears and infrequent flyers to whom it is more important. There are also those who have their tickets paid for by the employer and those who have to stump up themselves to whom these frills are more important. Some discussion points! Personally I give most of the amenity kits away as gifts to family and friends so they are much appreciated - there's only so much smelly stuff you can use and when on the ground I use a proper razor and shaving gel. You can always get a toothbrush/toothpaste and razor etc on board without opening the amenity kit.

daisymay2 Aug 28, 2019 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 31464093)
Sure, but since you have so many collected over the years why not use the cologne and lotion from those?

Because I didnt want to pack them. Usually use the ones we get in the amenity pack abroad.

S c 0 TT y Aug 28, 2019 4:52 am

I personally don't like carrying an amenity kit with me simply because its another thing I need to take out of my bag at security and bagging it... in addition to the other gazillion things I need to do (belts, watches, pockets, laptop, iPad yadda yadda).

That said, I read news of some UK ports getting new technology which will result in not having to take out liquids which means I will be more than happy to make use of my existing bags.

skywardhunter Aug 28, 2019 5:02 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y (Post 31465122)
I personally don't like carrying an amenity kit with me simply because its another thing I need to take out of my bag at security and bagging it... in addition to the other gazillion things I need to do (belts, watches, pockets, laptop, iPad yadda yadda).

That said, I read news of some UK ports getting new technology which will result in not having to take out liquids which means I will be more than happy to make use of my existing bags.

Not in civilized countries. The UK is the only company untry that's enforced removing liquids that I've been to (can't recall US but think removed but within toiletry bag whole UK forced me to put everything in plastic)

S c 0 TT y Aug 28, 2019 5:08 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 31465141)
Not in civilized countries. The UK is the only company untry that's enforced removing liquids that I've been to (can't recall US but think removed but within toiletry bag whole UK forced me to put everything in plastic)

Agreed, im not looking forward to getting interrogated on the new Macbook saga, even although mines does not fall in the affected units.

Dubai has to be the absolute best with security (IMO), ive lost count of how many times the security guys have just said to walk through even with the scanners beeping and without the need of taking my laptop out.

DYKWIA Aug 28, 2019 5:36 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y (Post 31465152)
Dubai has to be the absolute best with security (IMO), ive lost count of how many times the security guys have just said to walk through even with the scanners beeping and without the need of taking my laptop out.

Sounds great! :)

kq747 Aug 28, 2019 9:18 am

I have not flown through the UK in a while but that's the only place I hear of that makes you actually remove your liquids. I've never had to otherwise and just leave my toiletry bag in in my luggage with zero issue.

XXTSGR Aug 28, 2019 9:56 am

They also tend to (security is obligated to) do this in Germany - both on domestic and international departures.

skywardhunter Aug 28, 2019 11:07 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR (Post 31466081)

They also tend to (security is obligated to) do this in Germany - both on domestic and international departures.

Not in my experience (in Germany), at least not in separate plastic bags, just the toiletry bag (canvas) is fine