FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   EK405 Flight SIN/DXB Great service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1612948-ek405-flight-sin-dxb-great-service.html)

lighthand Sep 15, 2014 9:53 am

EK405 Flight SIN/DXB Great service

Credit when credit is due.

Had one of the best (if not the best) flight over the weekend from SIN to DXB.

Pre-flight - Full flight but FAs were professional and very helpful. They try their best to ensure everyone manage to find overhead bins for their carry-on. I don't know if anyone was told to check their bags, but in my area none was.

In-flight - Attentive service and noticed that FAs take extra care of those with young kids as well as elderly.

Special note - One of the best FA I have ever had the privilege to fly with. Funny, attentive and always have a smile for the passengers.

Well Done EK!^

Ahmed777 Sep 15, 2014 11:15 am

Originally Posted by lighthand (Post 23528969)
Credit when credit is due.

Had one of the best (if not the best) flight over the weekend from SIN to DXB.

Pre-flight - Full flight but FAs were professional and very helpful. They try their best to ensure everyone manage to find overhead bins for their carry-on. I don't know if anyone was told to check their bags, but in my area none was.

In-flight - Attentive service and noticed that FAs take extra care of those with young kids as well as elderly.

Special note - One of the best FA I have ever had the privilege to fly with. Funny, attentive and always have a smile for the passengers.

Well Done EK!^

Always great when you have a crew like this. Certainly make the flight more bearable. I really enjoy the chatty crews that enjoy having one hour conversations mid-flight - otherwise I would end up talking to myself! :o

Firemansam Sep 16, 2014 4:16 am

Had a similar experience on my first J flight on SYD-BKK a few weeks ago, FA serving our side was nothing short of exceptional, always doing rounds of the cabin, had a great chat with her in the galley, couldn't have asked for more, on the return weekend just past, the FA's were so so, nearly 4 hours between drinks runs and not as friendly, but okay for me.

Kangaroute Sep 16, 2014 2:25 pm

Great to hear. Will join in the love-in... great J service last weekend PER-DXB on EK421. FAs attentive but let us get a lot of sleep... didn't have dinner as had an early meal with colleagues before the flight but good breakfast.

Shame about EK001...

JetAirways77W Sep 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Kangaroute (Post 23536323)
Great to hear. Will join in the love-in... great J service last weekend PER-DXB on EK421. FAs attentive but let us get a lot of sleep... didn't have dinner as had an early meal with colleagues before the flight but good breakfast.

Shame about EK001...

What happened about EK001?

lighthand Sep 18, 2014 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed777 (Post 23529427)
Always great when you have a crew like this. Certainly make the flight more bearable. I really enjoy the chatty crews that enjoy having one hour conversations mid-flight - otherwise I would end up talking to myself! :o

For a flight crew on a long haul connecting flight BNE/SIN/DXB, this level of service is doubly impressive.

I really hope they keep up this level of service, as they do have the most direct flight for GIG/SIN.

eternaltransit Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am

Originally Posted by lighthand (Post 23545931)
For a flight crew on a long haul connecting flight BNE/SIN/DXB, this level of service is doubly impressive.

I really hope they keep up this level of service, as they do have the most direct flight for GIG/SIN.

Do you mean doubly impressive because of the assumption they are the same crew who work on each sector straight through? Not to detract from the service received, but after each sector the crew will get a layover, so the DXB-SIN-BNE trip turns into a 6-7 day thing.

lighthand Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 23546223)
Do you mean doubly impressive because of the assumption they are the same crew who work on each sector straight through? Not to detract from the service received, but after each sector the crew will get a layover, so the DXB-SIN-BNE trip turns into a 6-7 day thing.

The crew on this flight have their layover in BNE & DXB. Meaning their point-to-point will be boarding in BNE, and disembark for layover/home leave at DXB.

Hence if you look at the flight time from BNE/SIN/DXB, you have a total of more then 14hrs. That's pretty long in my view.

But regardless of long or short, I hope to see more of such service standards.

Descending Sep 18, 2014 5:44 pm

lighthand, there is a crew change in SIN where the crew will have a 24hr layover before continuing onto DXB and then end of duty.

lighthand Sep 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Descending (Post 23548193)
lighthand, there is a crew change in SIN where the crew will have a 24hr layover before continuing onto DXB and then end of duty.

I did not know about that. Out of curiosity I'll check it out with them on my next flight.