EK405 Flight SIN/DXB Great service

Old Sep 15, 14, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
EK405 Flight SIN/DXB Great service

Credit when credit is due.

Had one of the best (if not the best) flight over the weekend from SIN to DXB.

Pre-flight - Full flight but FAs were professional and very helpful. They try their best to ensure everyone manage to find overhead bins for their carry-on. I don't know if anyone was told to check their bags, but in my area none was.

In-flight - Attentive service and noticed that FAs take extra care of those with young kids as well as elderly.

Special note - One of the best FA I have ever had the privilege to fly with. Funny, attentive and always have a smile for the passengers.

Well Done EK!
Old Sep 15, 14, 12:15 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by lighthand View Post
Credit when credit is due.

Had one of the best (if not the best) flight over the weekend from SIN to DXB.

Pre-flight - Full flight but FAs were professional and very helpful. They try their best to ensure everyone manage to find overhead bins for their carry-on. I don't know if anyone was told to check their bags, but in my area none was.

In-flight - Attentive service and noticed that FAs take extra care of those with young kids as well as elderly.

Special note - One of the best FA I have ever had the privilege to fly with. Funny, attentive and always have a smile for the passengers.

Well Done EK!
Always great when you have a crew like this. Certainly make the flight more bearable. I really enjoy the chatty crews that enjoy having one hour conversations mid-flight - otherwise I would end up talking to myself!
Old Sep 16, 14, 5:16 am

Had a similar experience on my first J flight on SYD-BKK a few weeks ago, FA serving our side was nothing short of exceptional, always doing rounds of the cabin, had a great chat with her in the galley, couldn't have asked for more, on the return weekend just past, the FA's were so so, nearly 4 hours between drinks runs and not as friendly, but okay for me.
Old Sep 16, 14, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver
Great to hear. Will join in the love-in... great J service last weekend PER-DXB on EK421. FAs attentive but let us get a lot of sleep... didn't have dinner as had an early meal with colleagues before the flight but good breakfast.

Shame about EK001...
Old Sep 16, 14, 6:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Kangaroute View Post
Great to hear. Will join in the love-in... great J service last weekend PER-DXB on EK421. FAs attentive but let us get a lot of sleep... didn't have dinner as had an early meal with colleagues before the flight but good breakfast.

Shame about EK001...
What happened about EK001?
Old Sep 18, 14, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Ahmed777 View Post
Always great when you have a crew like this. Certainly make the flight more bearable. I really enjoy the chatty crews that enjoy having one hour conversations mid-flight - otherwise I would end up talking to myself!
For a flight crew on a long haul connecting flight BNE/SIN/DXB, this level of service is doubly impressive.

I really hope they keep up this level of service, as they do have the most direct flight for GIG/SIN.
Old Sep 18, 14, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by lighthand View Post
For a flight crew on a long haul connecting flight BNE/SIN/DXB, this level of service is doubly impressive.

I really hope they keep up this level of service, as they do have the most direct flight for GIG/SIN.
Do you mean doubly impressive because of the assumption they are the same crew who work on each sector straight through? Not to detract from the service received, but after each sector the crew will get a layover, so the DXB-SIN-BNE trip turns into a 6-7 day thing.
Old Sep 18, 14, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
Do you mean doubly impressive because of the assumption they are the same crew who work on each sector straight through? Not to detract from the service received, but after each sector the crew will get a layover, so the DXB-SIN-BNE trip turns into a 6-7 day thing.
The crew on this flight have their layover in BNE & DXB. Meaning their point-to-point will be boarding in BNE, and disembark for layover/home leave at DXB.

Hence if you look at the flight time from BNE/SIN/DXB, you have a total of more then 14hrs. That's pretty long in my view.

But regardless of long or short, I hope to see more of such service standards.
Old Sep 18, 14, 6:44 pm

lighthand, there is a crew change in SIN where the crew will have a 24hr layover before continuing onto DXB and then end of duty.
Old Sep 19, 14, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Descending View Post
lighthand, there is a crew change in SIN where the crew will have a 24hr layover before continuing onto DXB and then end of duty.
I did not know about that. Out of curiosity I'll check it out with them on my next flight.

Search this Thread