FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Skywards New 4th Tier - Platinum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1436474-skywards-new-4th-tier-platinum.html)

mrtdxb Feb 11, 2013 7:42 am

Me too - a few minutes ago.

Zol Feb 11, 2013 7:44 am

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 20225307)
Best Regards,

Thierry Antinori
Executive Vice President Passenger Sales Worldwide"

Why not Brian LaBelle ?

Congratulations

SingaporeJoe Feb 11, 2013 7:45 am

I'm in, too.

The benefits are now at the skywards web site:
http://www.skywards.com/Member_Benefits.aspx?SkinID=2

So it seems that "questionnaire" indeed was just a teaser of things to come.

ecm Feb 11, 2013 7:47 am

Same here.

I wonder if this is only going out only to those that have already enough tier miles from march 1 2012 to today (and as such will qualify automatically on April 1 even if there is no new travel, booked already or otherwise)?

Or will they project for those that will achieve it based on future (booked) travel bw now and April 1?

I'd guess the former...

Or have they based it on the previous qualification period (though that would seem to contradict previous posts)?

ayeaway Feb 11, 2013 7:51 am

Anybody else want dibs that all the super HVC but not good enough for IO will all start moaning in a bit and want another tier and we will all need to go through this crap again

Give it up guys you got what you want for the moment. Some just want previously published benefits returned. Couldnt care less about benefits they will never achive.

SingaporeJoe Feb 11, 2013 7:55 am

Originally Posted by ecm (Post 20225376)
Same here.

I wonder if this is only going out only to those that have already enough tier miles from march 1 2012 to today (and as such will qualify automatically on April 1 even if there is no new travel, booked already or otherwise)?

Or will they project for those that will achieve it based on future (booked) travel bw now and April 1?

I'd guess the former...

Or have they based it on the previous qualification period (though that would seem to contradict previous posts)?

They might give platinum to those who had enough tier miles in their last qualifying period but will only give it to the end of that qualifying period (e.g. in my case, I'd be platinum until the end of October) unless the member has accumulated enough tier miles by the end of the qualifying period for staing at Platinum. I guess we'll know more come April.

whimike Feb 11, 2013 7:59 am

Interesting part of one of the prior linked articles:

"Your requalification clock resets anew when you tick up from Gold to Platinum, LaBelle confirms, so you'll have a full 13 month cycle from 1 April to maintain your status.
And you'll float back down to Gold next year in a "soft landing" if you don't reach that precious 150,000 "tier mile" threshold for Platinum."

torontoflyer Feb 11, 2013 8:04 am

Got my email too! :)

SingaporeJoe Feb 11, 2013 8:07 am

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 20225435)
Interesting part of one of the prior linked articles:

"Your requalification clock resets anew when you tick up from Gold to Platinum, LaBelle confirms, so you'll have a full 13 month cycle from 1 April to maintain your status.
And you'll float back down to Gold next year in a "soft landing" if you don't reach that precious 150,000 "tier mile" threshold for Platinum."

Seems I'll be joining Nostradamus [or should it be Nostrildamus in line with my user name], the Mayans and a whole bunch of various cults in the history of most incorrect predictions :)

daniel46211 Feb 11, 2013 8:10 am

What?! I'm not in... and I did 180k last year

UPDATE: Called EK and they confirmed that I did qualify for Plat, upon receiving an email to golds whom did not qualify (refer to OP)

eightblack Feb 11, 2013 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ayeaway (Post 20225396)
Anybody else want dibs that all the super HVC but not good enough for IO will all start moaning in a bit and want another tier and we will all need to go through this crap again

Give it up guys you got what you want for the moment. Some just want previously published benefits returned. Couldnt care less about benefits they will never achive.

Take a deep breath. All Golds will have their guest access reinstated as well. Probably the same time as the new tier kicks in ie April 1. More details shortly

ayeaway Feb 11, 2013 8:22 am

Originally Posted by eightblack (Post 20225520)
Take a deep breath. All Golds will have their guest access reinstated as well. Probably the same time as the new tier kicks in ie April 1. More details shortly

I was taling about the silver lounge, i couldnt give a toss about guest lounge access as i always fly alone or with my tribe so means diddly anyway.

All power to the Plats but maybe calm it down as its starting to look like gloating yeah?

eightblack Feb 11, 2013 8:30 am

Originally Posted by ayeaway (Post 20225565)
I was taling about the silver lounge, i couldnt give a toss about guest lounge access as i always fly alone or with my tribe so means diddly anyway.

All power to the Plats but maybe calm it down as its starting to look like gloating yeah?

I haven't heard any further updates re the silver lounge but will try and find out. I am on the road at present so I will ask Zol to ping Skyward for an update. Re your second comment - the conversation will continue. I'd hardly call it gloating given that this is probably the biggest program change at Skywards in a long time and very much overdue.

jackiedada Feb 11, 2013 8:37 am

Originally Posted by danblar (Post 20225513)
UPDATE: Called EK and they confirmed that I did qualify for Plat, upon receiving an email to golds whom did not qualify (refer to OP)

Could you clarify what you exactly mean here - did you not get the email and then called skywards and they confirmed you for Platinum?

ayeaway Feb 11, 2013 8:38 am

Originally Posted by eightblack (Post 20225595)
I haven't heard any further updates re the silver lounge but will try and find out. I am on the road at present so I will ask Zol to ping Skyward for an update. Re your second comment - the conversation will continue. I'd hardly call it gloating given that this is probably the biggest program change at Skywards in a long time and very much overdue.

Thank you on the first point, it means nothing to me about silver lounge access but just gets my back up when battlers are shafted.

The second point, Hey Hey crack on just shsss it a bit :D