FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates Customer Service Conversation Thread Ref Flight ICN-DXB (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1416613-emirates-customer-service-conversation-thread-ref-flight-icn-dxb.html)

whimike Dec 18, 2012 2:40 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 19865903)
Wow, the reaction from the EK apologists here is quite shocking.

It should not be the passenger's responsibility to point out defective seats to the crew, nor to relocate themselves in case of receiving a faulty product. Emirates was contracted to provide a properly functional seat to the passenger and they failed to do so.

This is quite a surprising comment from you, B747.

How is anything to be resolved if the OP doesn't point out the seat is broken? It may not be the passengers responsibility to point out defective seats, but if the seat he is sitting in is defective, common sense would dictate he point it out so he can get some remedy.

The further question is why was he unable to point it out during the flight, when it was affecting him, but able to point it out, via email, once the flight was over, when it was no longer affecting him?

Originally Posted by wzafar (Post 19860735)
The only reason i posted this down here was just to share the new level that customer service has dropped down to.

I think the customer service reply was quite good and more than I would expect from EK. The fact that the representative took time to check service logs and perform due diligence on the matter is impressive.

I suspect EK not offering some level of compensation is the impetus for the OP stating "new level that customer service has dropped down". If that is not the case then perhaps the OP could share with us the response that he thinks EK should have given him that would represent good customer service?

B747-437B Dec 18, 2012 5:26 am

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 19877788)
This is quite a surprising comment from you, B747.

Sorry. I figured my sarcasm would be rather self-evident. :D

DYKWIA Dec 18, 2012 6:04 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 19878222)

I got ya :)

whimike Dec 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 19878222)

I was expecting sarcasm, but your response looked quite genuine.

gorbatzjov Dec 25, 2012 6:56 am

I agree with most people here: OP should have mentioned it to the crew (if not done so) and the reply from EK is very good. But, on a side note, if on this 8h flight the only alternative seat in Y was a middle seat it's like choosing between the pest or the cholera... I wouldn't be happy, but wouldn't expect compensation/upgrade form EK either.