FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates Customer Service Conversation Thread Ref Flight ICN-DXB (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1416613-emirates-customer-service-conversation-thread-ref-flight-icn-dxb.html)

wzafar Dec 12, 2012 4:57 am

Emirates Customer Service Conversation Thread Ref Flight ICN-DXB

EMIRATES RESPONSE TO A BROKEN SEAT ON DXB-ICN FLIGHT

customer.affairs@
Dec 6 (6 days ago)

Our Ref No:
06 December 2012

By e-mail:

Dear Mr wzafar,

Thank you for your e-mail message of 20 November2012, in connection to flight EK323, from Seoul to Dubai, on 20 November 2012.

I regret to learn of the inconvenience you have described onboard the above flight.

At Emirates we place a great deal of emphasis on the high standard of in-flight service and facilities provided to passengers.

Having reviewed the flight records, it is possible this was an intermittent fault; as unfortunately, I was unable to locate a report completed by the Flight Purser pertaining to the seat allocated to you (43H). I have also taken the liberty of checking the technical log book for flights prior to and directly after this flight, and nothing has been logged as defective for this seat.

I regret if the option to change your seat was not offered by the crew, as there were several spare seats available in the Economy class cabin. Nevertheless, your detailed feedback and comments has been conveyed to our Aircraft Engineers.

May I respectfully suggest that if ever you are unhappy with any aspect of our onboard service that you request the help of the Purser on board at the time of the incident. The Purser is the person in charge of all the cabin crew on the flight and will be pleased to do all possible to assist, and will also log an official report for our records.

Being a customer service orientated organisation, we are well aware of the importance of meeting and exceeding our passengers' requirements and expectations. I do hope we can leave you with a more positive impression on your future flights with us.

Thank you for allowing me to respond. We appreciate your support as a Skywards member and look forward to welcoming you on-board our flights again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Emirates Customer Affairs

DYKWIA Dec 12, 2012 7:32 am

Not sure what the point of this is?

Are you unhappy with the response? Or do you not agree with what has been written?

Syed Masood Ibrahim Dec 12, 2012 9:00 am

Hello Zafar,

Basically you were brushed off by the customer service department of Emirates. You should write back and let them know. Is there a manual for flying passenger to know who to contact if the on-board flight crew does not pays attention to your request? Is there any guidlien given to customer what to expect of the Emirates cabin crew and if anyone is under performing who to report etc. Its typical brush off. Once should get a discount voucher a Free upgrade for their inconvenience.

Masood

ekfb Dec 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Syed Masood Ibrahim (Post 19842596)
Hello Zafar,

Basically you were brushed off by the customer service department of Emirates. You should write back and let them know. Is there a manual for flying passenger to know who to contact if the on-board flight crew does not pays attention to your request? Is there any guidlien given to customer what to expect of the Emirates cabin crew and if anyone is under performing who to report etc. Its typical brush off. Once should get a discount voucher a Free upgrade for their inconvenience.

Masood

You have to be extremely stupid if you have no idea that you have to speak to cabin crew in case you have a problem on board an aircraft. Why he should have a free upgrade if there are plenty of spare seats available in economy. Sounds like a made up story just to get something for free from Emirates

Havoc10G Dec 12, 2012 2:53 pm

It does sound a little odd and seems that customer service answer is tongue in cheek more or less saying why didn't you just change your seat? That is what most people would have done. Can't imagine for a moment the cabin crew, purser or not, wouldn't have told you that. You will need to be more creative to sponge a freebie off them I think.

marconess Dec 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Havoc10G (Post 19845115)
It does sound a little odd and seems that customer service answer is tongue in cheek more or less saying why didn't you just change your seat? That is what most people would have done. Can't imagine for a moment the cabin crew, purser or not, wouldn't have told you that. You will need to be more creative to sponge a freebie off them I think.

This is pretty much what I wrote but felt too bad posting. lol. Very confusing :confused:

wzafar Dec 15, 2012 4:24 am

The only reason i posted this down here was just to share the new level that customer service has dropped down to.

Dave Noble Dec 15, 2012 4:35 am

The response seems to be reasonably thought out

It mentions that there were other seats in the same cabin and
that no report of a faulty seat had been made

When noticing the fault, did you report it to a member of cabin crew? if not, then the question would be why not

If you did report it, then I would write back accordingly , though it seems odd that a faulty seat being reported would not be logged

MarkLHR Dec 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Seems a reasonable response.

You actually got a response which is more than some airlines would do these days ( thinking of Iberia). Secondly someone actually bothered to address your issue rather than roll out the standard apologies for inconvenience and look forward to seeing you again letter.

Why didn't you just ask to change seats if there was space in the cabin? Maybe if there was not an alternative solution you may have had few miles put in your EK account but it seems you were not forced to tolerate that seat.

Havoc10G Dec 16, 2012 4:14 am

Am surprised you bothered to complain and am equally surprised (and impressed) that emirates bothered to reply. Complete non issue solved with minimal common sense.

B747-437B Dec 16, 2012 4:38 am

Wow, the reaction from the EK apologists here is quite shocking.

It should not be the passenger's responsibility to point out defective seats to the crew, nor to relocate themselves in case of receiving a faulty product. Emirates was contracted to provide a properly functional seat to the passenger and they failed to do so.

Ksmax Dec 16, 2012 6:02 am

Zafar, what actually happened on board the flight and what did you write in your letter to EK that prompted this response from them?

ekfb Dec 16, 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 19865903)

It should not be the passenger's responsibility to point out defective seats to the crew, nor to relocate themselves in case of receiving a faulty product. Emirates was contracted to provide a properly functional seat to the passenger and they failed to do so.

OMG! Ok, than fly 10 hours on a broken seat and poin it out after you arrival via email to customer service! EK are quite good to spot who is making up stories to get "compensation"

Dave Noble Dec 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 19865903)

If a passenger has a problem, then the passenger should report it then so that something can be done about it at the time. Then there would be nothing much to complain about Just sending a letter afterwards smacks to me of a game of bobbing for compensation

Yes, Emirates should provide a functioning seat, but that doesn't mean that crew onboard should be psychic and guess that a seat has a problem

Havoc10G Dec 16, 2012 2:14 pm

I can only apologise for recommending the use of common sense and having a dim view of freeloaders who ultimately cost me money.