Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheaper fares ex UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Cheaper fares ex UK

I have been checking return J class fares, GLA-MEL for quite a while and best price for a long time was £3.5K return, saver fare, £4.3K flex fare. I checked the fares yesterday and discovered I could get £2.88K return, saver fare, so immediately made a booking for better half and myself later in the year. I presume it is a 'sale' and I would guess it finishes 30th June? Anyway, I pass this on FWIW.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG
A friend of mine in UK who travels frequently LON-J'Berg said he always looked at prices over GBP 2k for J but recently got an email that the minimum fare was now GBP1800 RT

So there seems to be some sort of silent promotion or drop in fares going on Ex-UK maybe
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gandhi
A friend of mine in UK who travels frequently LON-J'Berg said he always looked at prices over GBP 2k for J but recently got an email that the minimum fare was now GBP1800 RT

So there seems to be some sort of silent promotion or drop in fares going on Ex-UK maybe
Yes, I think that is the case. Interestingly, as I type, the popup ad next to this reply box features an ad for Qatar Airways announcing Melbourne from £3,460, book by 30th June. Most of the airlines do 'book by 30th June' promotions to try and stimulate bookings later in the year. I did a quick check and their special price has a blackout period covering November to February when we are travelling so normal fare of over £4K would apply. Thanks Emirates for the bargain fare we got!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:43 am

+1

I also took advantage. Most dates available up until the December seasonal rise.

It's book by 13th July:

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/d...ial_fares.aspx
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Most likely this is in response to BA's "go after the games" sale which started today.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: EK Gold One World Silver Hilton Hertz
I recently booked GLA to CPT in February 2013 in First for about £2,600 through Trailfinders. It's an inclusive tour fare (includes 3 nights accommodation) with, as one would expect, very heavy penalties for changes. The agent said there was, as yet, no time limit for booking.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowlander
I recently booked GLA to CPT in February 2013 in First for about £2,600 through Trailfinders. It's an inclusive tour fare (includes 3 nights accommodation) with, as one would expect, very heavy penalties for changes. The agent said there was, as yet, no time limit for booking.
Someone suggested Trailfinders to me by PM; apparently they do very good deals such as GLA to Oz 1st for BC prices with a few nights hotel thrown in for good measure. I should have probably checked them but seeing the great price on Emirates website I booked immediately lest that deal disappear. Subsequently it turns out they were available until mid-July as per above post but I'm happy with what we got. I'll check Trailfinders next time though.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by OzTennis
....Subsequently it turns out they were available until mid-July as per above post .....
You might have been wise to have snapped it up when you did. The price I paid last week has disappeared already for lots of the dates. Prices are still lower than usual, but not the bargain they were.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
You might have been wise to have snapped it up when you did. The price I paid last week has disappeared already for lots of the dates. Prices are still lower than usual, but not the bargain they were.
Thanks, we are very happy with what we got which was £1K less than last year for both of us and nearly £2K less than what it was before the offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.