FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   DBX-BKK J to F fare difference (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1307405-dbx-bkk-j-f-fare-difference.html)

mchaudry2 Jan 27, 2012 8:06 am

DBX-BKK J to F fare difference

I am abit confused now after some advice on a previous post. Confusion is a s follows:

BHX-BKK is approximately £2k in J and £4k in F even though no F cabin BHX-DBX

Now if I search DBX-BKK the fare difference between J and F is approximately 2k Dhirams roughly £400.

Is there someway I can book this and have the F leg DBX-BKK and pay the £400? I dont have enough miles to upgrade.

Many thanks

JGX Jan 27, 2012 8:12 am

Originally Posted by mchaudry2 (Post 17897208)
even though no F cabin DBX-BKK

Definitely is an F cabin between DXB and BKK - I use it often. :confused:

mchaudry2 Jan 27, 2012 8:26 am

Originally Posted by JGX (Post 17897243)
Definitely is an F cabin between DXB and BKK - I use it often. :confused:

Sorry was a typo was meaning there is no F cabin BHX-DBX :)

JGX Jan 27, 2012 8:34 am

Understood.

Slightly off-topic but if you're after the F class product, would you not be better flying from MAN? At least you'll get it all the way, plus if there are two of you, (which, I realise there may not be but I mention just in case) the current companion fare deal makes it cheaper than buying 2 J class seats (Promo code: UKFCMP1).

Also, and I'm not being a pedant here but it's DXB not DBX ;)

father_ted Jan 27, 2012 8:47 am

I would suspect not - presumably because even if you could do an end-on-end combination of the separate components it would likely be more expensive than the discounted F fare BHX-BKK.

If you are not short too many miles, you could purchase more?

Sorry to be a pedant, but Dubai's IATA code is DXB, not DBX.

father_ted Jan 27, 2012 8:55 am

Originally Posted by JGX (Post 17897376)

Beat me to it! By 13 minutes and all. Yes, the internet in this hotel is that slow.:confused:

JGX Jan 27, 2012 8:57 am

Originally Posted by father_ted (Post 17897502)
Beat me to it! By 13 minutes and all. Yes, the internet in this hotel is that slow.:confused:

Ha!! 13 Minutes?!?! Sounds more like carrier-pigeon than Internet!!! :D

mchaudry2 Jan 27, 2012 9:52 am

Originally Posted by JGX (Post 17897376)
Understood.

Slightly off-topic but if you're after the F class product, would you not be better flying from MAN? At least you'll get it all the way, plus if there are two of you, (which, I realise there may not be but I mention just in case) the current companion fare deal makes it cheaper than buying 2 J class seats (Promo code: UKFCMP1).

Thanks for correcting on DXB - a typo on my iphone!

Companion fare no good to me as flying alone. Was curious on £400 difference DXB-BKK so thought might be a way to do this.

Whilst i have been faffing around dreaming of F my ticket has gone up by £300 from saver fare to saver/flex combo...dang!!

Thanks for all the advise will bear in mind for the next trip

JGX Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by mchaudry2 (Post 17897915)
Whilst i have been faffing around dreaming of F my ticket has gone up by £300 from saver fare to saver/flex combo...dang!!

Ouch! :(