DBX-BKK J to F fare difference

Old Jan 27, 12, 9:06 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Programs: Skywards Gold, Abassador Gold, Fly BMI,Starwood Gold, Hilton Honours
Posts: 113
DBX-BKK J to F fare difference

I am abit confused now after some advice on a previous post. Confusion is a s follows:

BHX-BKK is approximately 2k in J and 4k in F even though no F cabin BHX-DBX

Now if I search DBX-BKK the fare difference between J and F is approximately 2k Dhirams roughly 400.

Is there someway I can book this and have the F leg DBX-BKK and pay the 400? I dont have enough miles to upgrade.

Many thanks

Last edited by mchaudry2; Jan 27, 12 at 9:26 am
mchaudry2 is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:12 am
  #2  
JGX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by mchaudry2 View Post
even though no F cabin DBX-BKK
Definitely is an F cabin between DXB and BKK - I use it often.
JGX is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:26 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Programs: Skywards Gold, Abassador Gold, Fly BMI,Starwood Gold, Hilton Honours
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by JGX View Post
Definitely is an F cabin between DXB and BKK - I use it often.
Sorry was a typo was meaning there is no F cabin BHX-DBX
mchaudry2 is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:34 am
  #4  
JGX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 169
Understood.

Slightly off-topic but if you're after the F class product, would you not be better flying from MAN? At least you'll get it all the way, plus if there are two of you, (which, I realise there may not be but I mention just in case) the current companion fare deal makes it cheaper than buying 2 J class seats (Promo code: UKFCMP1).

Also, and I'm not being a pedant here but it's DXB not DBX
JGX is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:47 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 10/28
Programs: EK, BA, TK
Posts: 645
I would suspect not - presumably because even if you could do an end-on-end combination of the separate components it would likely be more expensive than the discounted F fare BHX-BKK.

If you are not short too many miles, you could purchase more?

Sorry to be a pedant, but Dubai's IATA code is DXB, not DBX.
father_ted is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:55 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 10/28
Programs: EK, BA, TK
Posts: 645
Originally Posted by JGX View Post
Also, and I'm not being a pedant here but it's DXB not DBX
Beat me to it! By 13 minutes and all. Yes, the internet in this hotel is that slow.
father_ted is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 9:57 am
  #7  
JGX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 169
Talking

Originally Posted by father_ted View Post
Beat me to it! By 13 minutes and all. Yes, the internet in this hotel is that slow.
Ha!! 13 Minutes?!?! Sounds more like carrier-pigeon than Internet!!!
JGX is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 10:52 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Programs: Skywards Gold, Abassador Gold, Fly BMI,Starwood Gold, Hilton Honours
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by JGX View Post
Understood.

Slightly off-topic but if you're after the F class product, would you not be better flying from MAN? At least you'll get it all the way, plus if there are two of you, (which, I realise there may not be but I mention just in case) the current companion fare deal makes it cheaper than buying 2 J class seats (Promo code: UKFCMP1).

Also, and I'm not being a pedant here but it's DXB not DBX
Thanks for correcting on DXB - a typo on my iphone!

Companion fare no good to me as flying alone. Was curious on 400 difference DXB-BKK so thought might be a way to do this.

Whilst i have been faffing around dreaming of F my ticket has gone up by 300 from saver fare to saver/flex combo...dang!!

Thanks for all the advise will bear in mind for the next trip
mchaudry2 is offline  
Old Jan 27, 12, 10:54 am
  #9  
JGX
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by mchaudry2 View Post
Whilst i have been faffing around dreaming of F my ticket has gone up by 300 from saver fare to saver/flex combo...dang!!
Ouch!
JGX is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread