FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Change Booking Online? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1291682-change-booking-online.html)

sadiqhassan Dec 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Change Booking Online?

This is new right? Or I am just really out of it!

On MMB for my upcoming YYZ-DXB-KHI, I see a link to "Modify Booking" online under Additional Services. I didn't go till the end because I don't need to change anything but it's pretty cool if it works!

Anyone have experience?

Cheers,

edy4eva Dec 15, 2011 2:24 pm

I can't see it on MMB from my end. I tried logging in from their ae site, same thing.

S c 0 TT y Dec 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Yes!!!!! Finally.

Screenshot:

http://i43.tinypic.com/wm179i.png

Zol Dec 15, 2011 4:27 pm

This is superb, will save a lot of time and effort. It even shows the new fare basis.

sputnik_euro Dec 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva (Post 17634026)
I can't see it on MMB from my end. I tried logging in from their ae site, same thing.

I can't see it on my MMB either. I wonder if it is specific to certain flights only? My flight is SYD-DXB-LHR and its not showing up there.

sadiqhassan Dec 15, 2011 5:39 pm

I knew someone would post a screenshot and I'm very lazy! :p

sputnik_euro Dec 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Ah! Nevermind, found it. I had to log into the Global Emirates site to access it. Very cool! ^

Although it wont let me change anything, a message comes up saying I have to contact my local Emirates Office. Maybe its not available for bookings made in Australia.....maybe one day.....

edy4eva Dec 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Finally! It shows, thanks for the tip sputnik_euro.
Got the same message: We're very sorry, but this itinerary cannot be changed online. Please contact your closest Emirates office.

Maybe this is only for bookings made after a certain date? I booked this in March this year (then changed it few times), and it's SYD-DXB-KHI for June 2012.

sputnik_euro Dec 15, 2011 6:11 pm

I booked mine in August 2011 for flight in May 2012....and i too have changed 1 sector already. Maybe it can't cope with complex bookings?

sadiqhassan Dec 15, 2011 6:45 pm

KHI-DXB-YYZ-DXB-KHI in I class booked with an agent in KHI was changeable online. And I've flown half the segments already.

Another similar trip ex YYZ but booked on emirates.com with 2 AA sectors and in Y was not changeable online.

yyzlhr Dec 16, 2011 12:48 am

This is excellent news... except I cannot change any of the three bookings I currently have.

I would think I change at least 50% of my bookings so this will be a great time saver and a lot easier than trying to tell the change to one agent and then get passed to ticketing and then wait for the fare rules to get checked... blah blah blah.

donnabella Dec 16, 2011 3:47 am

Yep, I can see it but the site is taking too long to respond to know if I can use it!

ung1 Dec 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Excellent indeed. Have been waiting forever for this functionality. Glad it's finally here!

Tried using it - even if I click change this flight on MMB when logged in through the global website, the next page doesn't load.

pilote21 Dec 18, 2011 2:15 am

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 17647615)
Excellent indeed. Have been waiting forever for this functionality. Glad it's finally here!

Tried using it - even if I click change this flight on MMB when logged in through the global website, the next page doesn't load.

I had the same problem, I have a blank page but I think it's a general problem with MMB because I encountered this same problem when I want to upgrade a flight. So we have to wait.

S c 0 TT y Feb 9, 2012 12:45 pm

This online system is a nightmare.

Just tried to change my seats to tomorrow and while it gave me 3 options and having entered my credit card details to pay the difference fee, charges etc... it turns out that I have to contact my local Emirates office... who can't see ANY availability. I've refreshed, tried different browsers and used a completely different machine and can still see 3 different available options for tomorrow yet Skywards Gold desk tells me otherwise.

Trying to book:

GLA to HKG (028, 384/2) 10TH FEB 2012