Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about Emirates and the Skywards program. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Emirates you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Moderators will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers but I think you'll find that all members of FlyerTalk are here to assist you with answers and advice.

We're all glad you are here.
/Emirates Skywards Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Talking

Originally Posted by coleair
Thanks a lot for the responses -

I will definitely have a look at the Marharba Lounge as an option - looks like that is the best way to get him into a lounge during his stopover.
Other option other than the Marharba Lounge is this...

http://www.dubaiintlhotels.com/

Almost tempted to get a room last time few times I transited through or stayed at DXB but never was in the airport long enough to justify it.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: VA - Platinum
Thanks for the suggestion Kermee - I will check out the hotel option as well. My housemate will probably be happy enough to spend a few hours wandering around the airport for a few hours... but 9 hours might be pushing it!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: CX Gold, EK, OW Saphire
coleair... priority pass is a good investment... www.prioritypass.com
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by anxiousone
coleair... priority pass is a good investment... www.prioritypass.com
only if you are flying a lot.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
can skywards gold member take guest to the lounge without plastic skywards card (will be fresh gold, with only silver card in the wallet)
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Krzystos
can skywards gold member take guest to the lounge without plastic skywards card (will be fresh gold, with only silver card in the wallet)
Your boarding pass will have gold on it anyway. I've never been asked for my gold card at any EK lounge to guest someone. I don't know about affiliate lounges as I have never taken a guest in in these.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
I've guested people in at affiliate lounges, bp was enough. Never been asked for the gold card anywhere.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by Turicus
I've guested people in at affiliate lounges, bp was enough. Never been asked for the gold card anywhere.
As far as I know the only time you will need to have it is if you are trying to upgrade you or someone else with your miles at airport check in or on board - or get a reward ticket at airport in the day I assume.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:46 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
You never need it, they will anyway run the system to check your status
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Hi there, am totally new to EK and am flying out of Adelaide in late January to Birmingham UK via 9 hours in Dubai which was all I could get using 256QF FF points for J class. So I will be on 777's all the way. Am I able to go and settle myself in the other newer business lounge where the A380's come in? It looks magnificent and feedback from friends is excellent. Also are there any spa/massage facilities available for J class peoples in the lounges? I thank anyone for their advice and feedback, Gezza
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Theoretically you should use the lounge closest to your departing flights gate but in practice a polite request and an acknowledgement that you know you will need to allow extra time to reach your gate will get you into the lounge of your choice. Given that you will be entering around 9 hours before your flight the gate may not even have been allocated at that time anyway. Enjoy!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
To add to mrtdxb's post, massages are available in all lounges, but they are only free in F lounge.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Thanks for this very helpful information.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Given that you will be entering around 9 hours before your flight the gate may not even have been allocated at that time anyway. Enjoy!
I usually find this to be the case, even on >9hr layovers and find it's the best excuse/reason to get access to whichever lounge you like.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Actually in the F lounge, they are not strict about it. On my last flight to BOM we were departing from one of the C gates, and I went up to the B FCL at 11:00 pm for a 3:45 am departure and the EK staff manning the lounge casually informed me that since its a 10 minute walk to the C gates, they will be announcing the departure 10 minutes before they typically do and to plan my 'walk' accordingly. I told her that I really didn't want to use the C lounge as it wasn't that 'nice' and she nodded her head in agreement....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.