Wiki Posts
Search

Ovda airport

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Ovda airport

It looks like the original period for government subsidies is over (April 22 this year ?)

Any news about renewing ?
Old May 22, 2016, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by dand99
It looks like the original period for government subsidies is over (April 22 this year ?)

Any news about renewing ?
Israel's Ministry of Tourism has declared it is intending to continue the subsidies for the next winter. This may attract more airlines than those we seen in Ovda the past winter.
Additionally, the Eilat Hotels Association ( http://www.eilathotels.org.il/ ) has a contract with Rynair to subsidize flights for the next 2 years (the contract is for 3 years, 1 year had passed).
Moreover, the Municipality of Eilat had allocated a sum of money to support the flights in the coming winter.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:40 pm

I noticed a few weeks ago from the IAA website that Germania were supposed to start flights from Dusseldorf to VDA from November 1. This information is now gone.

A few weeks ago the Ministry of Tourism put out a release that they were expecting twice the number of tourists in Eilat this winter versus last. With no extra flights to VDA so far announced, it's not clear how they will achieve this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.