Wiki Posts
Search

Seat change at gate...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Seat change at gate...

Has anyone else had this happen?

I logged in yesterday and did online check-in (I had just hand luggage and was looking forward to a fast checkin with the new faster lane at TLV).

I received seat 63A on a 767-300 to LTN and was happy as from the seat map at the time was a few spare seats around me and thought I may end up with both to myself.

I get to the gate and it beeps and she comes back with a normal boarding pass to replace my online printed one.
However I notice I am now on row 56!

The seat was fine but the ash tray cover non-existent and some sticky substance in the tray. Annoying had to avoid it with my clothing.

During the flight I noticed that there was someone sat in 63A but no one in 63C. Very annoying that could have been me with two seats!

Does anyone know why they would have moved my seat with no reason and no warning?
Is it worth contacting EL AL for a moan especially with the sticky ash tray with no cover.

Minor I know but just annoying especially for a flight at such an hour of the morning (5am!)
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:53 pm

Yeah, I have seen this happen before. I don't know why, but seats are changed some times even after checking in when you get to the gate.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:20 pm

well they do warn you when you assign your seat, that it may change.
A seat change at gate seems abit odd, but it could be for balancing. I would hate that too!
In terms of the seat sucking..you can always put through a complaint...they just may not do anything...or they might..try!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Twice in the lat month

In the past month I got two seat changes at the gate:
TLV-SXF I had 45a got a beep at the gate, seat change to 11c

Last week CDG - TLV, 767 was changed to 737. At the gate 21k was changed to 11c again....

Of course I will not complain.
(both were from B booking class)
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by craigc
Has anyone else had this happen?
Does anyone know why they would have moved my seat with no reason and no warning?
Is it worth contacting EL AL for a moan especially with the sticky ash tray with no cover.
Probably a status passenger got the seat with the empty next to it. Do you have any status on el al?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Houminer
Of course I will not complain.
(both were from B booking class)
I should hope not!

I think the OP's situation was a little bit different...

By the way, booking class irrelevant when it's an OpUp.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by clubman

By the way, booking class irrelevant when it's an OpUp.
I know, just wanted to point out that they were OpUps and not an upgrade from full fare.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: LY GL
Originally Posted by Houminer
I know, just wanted to point out that they were OpUps and not an upgrade from full fare.
and you don't pay any points for this too..
happened to me twice on a trip to Barcelona with the kids.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by may_east
and you don't pay any points for this too..
happened to me twice on a trip to Barcelona with the kids.
Yes I was very lucky in my last few flights:
Some were booked in S so got upgaded with points.
2 opups
And one C seat for economy ticket (on 777).

it's good I won't fly now for the next couple of months, when i have to go back to economy.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for replies - may drop ELAL an email and see what happens - was just more annoying than a major issue!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.