FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   easyJet | easyJet Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/easyjet-easyjet-plus-775/)
-   -   easyJet increasing cabin baggage allowance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/easyjet-easyjet-plus/1660098-easyjet-increasing-cabin-baggage-allowance.html)

Silver Fox Mar 3, 2015 4:15 pm

Jeez, guys, you are all GGL/Gold cardholders so you can't be short of a few bob whether it is OPM buying it or not surely ! Just stick your hands in your pockets and stop messing about.

jacobitetraveller Mar 3, 2015 4:19 pm

I really knew very little about easy jet

but I must say that if I was travelling regularly to a destination where easy jet had a bit of a monopoly on flights I would certainly consider the plus card

I wonder if this card is a roaring success they will consider introducing different levels of card offering even more benefits

paulwuk Mar 3, 2015 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 24449120)
Jeez, guys, you are all GGL/Gold cardholders so you can't be short of a few bob whether it is OPM buying it or not surely ! Just stick your hands in your pockets and stop messing about.

I last flew Easyjet in 2012, the time before that was 2007, so unless. As it is the only easyjet flight I'm likely to take based on their schedules is Berlin, out of MAN in the morning, into LPL at night. Perhaps GVA if I return there, and maybe DME and TLV too. They don't fly from the north west to BRU, ROM, LON or PAR, my usual Euro stops, so sadly not really an option for a once a year trip to Berlin. But I'll be booking a flexi ticket anyway.

And although I chose to give BA about £40k last year, that all comes from charges paid for by customers, and in no way reflects my meagre salary as a whipping-monkey.

EuropeanPete Mar 3, 2015 4:30 pm

If you're doing 50-100 sectors a year for work, £50-100 per flight of random little extras like the trip to the airport, access to a lounge, buying a seat, luggage fees or whatever else in personal expense really adds up. Pre-tax that could be £15K a year.

Oaxaca Mar 3, 2015 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 24448399)
It's £149. Just buy one and be done.

You might get a discount on that if you check out Raffles' site.

Originally Posted by paulwuk (Post 24448985)
If you're only trying easyjet on 3 or 4 flights it's a lot to pay on the assumption you'll like it enough to make it worthwhile.

A 1 month "taster card" might be a good move though.

You don't need to buy a card to try it. Just buy an "extra legroom" or "upfront" seat on U2 and you will get all the Plus benefits, including the extra small 2nd piece from the date mentioned.

It will be enough for me to move some SH flights from BA to U2, and thanks to Gaza for highlighting it.

Calchas Mar 3, 2015 5:21 pm

Speak for yourself!

Perhaps that is what BA thinks as well.

Gaza Mar 4, 2015 12:35 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 24448957)
U2 are apparently piloting a new "traditional" frequent flyer programme. I am not well informed about the details but this was mentioned to me by people who have been approached to be part of that pilot. Apparently, it will be a relatively simple programme but one which will allow passengers using U2 with some level of regularity to enjoy some loyalty benefits for free.

I've been invited. It is more of a programme to reward loyalty than a 'free flights' programme. Here are some of the details.:-

This is a free trial, currently running until the 31st July 2015. During this time you will have access to the following benefits. Before the scheduled end of the trial we will contact you to inform you if the trial will be extended.
The programme entitles you to the following features:

• Fee Free Changes - We recognise that things can change and would like to offer improved flexibility. You can now make unlimited date or time changes to your bookings without paying any admin fees, you just pay any difference in the flight price. Please note that you must keep the route the same to avoid paying the admin fees.

• Free Name Changes - You can also make up to 5 passenger name changes per year completely free.

• Price Guarantee: We guarantee that if you find a comparable competitor flight cheaper within 48 hours of making your booking, we will give you the difference, plus 10% towards your next flight. This must be claimed in real time, over the phone.

• Price Promise - We promise that you will always get the best price fares from easyJet. If, on a rare occasion you find the same flight on easyJet.com at a lower price, we'll give you the price difference towards your next flight.

• Previews of new routes and special offers - We think the people who fly with us most often should be the first to know what we're doing and what's coming up, so we'll give you exclusive previews of new routes and special offers to keep you in the know.

In order to redeem any of these benefits you will need to call our Dedicated Customer Support Team as these benefits are not currently available to redeem online. You can call us on 0330 xxx xxxx. Our lines are open 7 days a week between 08:00 and 20:00 GMT. When calling you will be asked to enter your 7 digits personal Customer Number, yours is xxxxxx
Participation in this trial is in good faith and you are not entitled to pass the benefits onto any third parties.
Realistically the fee-free changes are the only real benefit.

BAMuc Mar 4, 2015 1:02 am

Since the introduction of their stupid "please-put-your-laptop-bag-in-your-carry-on" change was the single reason that made me switch back to BA in the first place ... I'm back, baby!! U2?

Never Stansted Mar 4, 2015 1:05 am

You can also buy extra legroom seats on individual flights, which give you an easyJet Plus logo on your boarding pass for that flight, so you get priority boarding etc.

orbitmic Mar 4, 2015 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Gaza (Post 24450999)
I've been invited. It is more of a programme to reward loyalty than a 'free flights' programme. [...]
Realistically the fee-free changes are the only real benefit.

Indeed, it is not very far reaching! I thought it would include more. Still, the fee free changes are a useful perk.

Internaut Mar 4, 2015 1:29 am

Originally Posted by acf2310 (Post 24451079)
You can also buy extra legroom seats on individual flights, which give you an easyJet Plus logo on your boarding pass for that flight, so you get priority boarding etc.

Same with Ryanair, though the extra bit of hand luggage applies to all fares. You buy a seat (fairly cheaply, IMHO) in advance for the priority boarding, to guarantee a space for your main bag (though on full flights between LPL and VNO, everyone seemed to be able to bring their bags on board).

Gaza Mar 4, 2015 2:16 am

Like many on here I've been critical of LCCs. However, for the last year I've flown with easyJet virtually every week on the EDI-STN-EDI route. With only 2 exceptions they have been absolutely fine.

The 06:40 from EDI is almost always early and as I'm normally in Row 1 I can be at the Europcar desk within 5 mins of being on stand. Depending on how busy they are I can reach my office in Brentwood by 8:45 or sometimes even earlier.

I often wonder how the do it for the price. Last week I had to buy 3 'fill-in' return flights as my plans to work those week in Glasgow fell through. This was not booking well in advance but for this week and a fortnight after and another fortnight after that.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/znryd7palwi...304_090509.jpg

That works out at £26 per flight and includes my Row 1 seats.

Note the taxes and charges: £78. How BA can justify their rip-off fees is beyond me.

As I pay for this out of my own pocket (to be strickly accurate; out of my limited companies bank account ;) ) I need to keep my costs as low as possible.

In a few weeks time I will have reached 40 rentals with Europcar so will qualify for Privilege Elite VIP that gets me 2 years of Priority Pass membership.

Overall that means I will get similar benefits to a BA Silver:-

Fastrack at EDI (STN is a grey area but there are ways ;) )
Lounge Access at EDI and STN once the new lounge opens
Priority Boarding
Free choice of seats

What is there not to like about easyJet? :D:D

Gaza Mar 4, 2015 6:11 am

Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller (Post 24449136)
I really knew very little about easy jet

but I must say that if I was travelling regularly to a destination where easy jet had a bit of a monopoly on flights I would certainly consider the plus card

I wonder if this card is a roaring success they will consider introducing different levels of card offering even more benefits

The Plus card has been around for a while. If you look at the cost it pays for itself with 12 "up front" seat reservations. I have recovered the cost of my card many times over.

The next stage of the card is the loyalty programme I've outlined. Whether this becomes part of Plus or an addition in its own right remains to be seen.

If there was only one thing I would want them to add it would be Fastrack at ALL airports they fly from: assuming the airport offers it.

Gaza Mar 19, 2015 1:41 pm

EasyJet have finally got round to updating their website.

Cabin bag changes from Thursday 19th March 2015

All customers can bring ONE cabin bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels. Overhead locker space is limited on board the aircraft and on busy flights your cabin bag may have to go in the hold.

If you’re an easyJet Plus cardholder, FLEXI fare or Upfront or Extra Legroom customers then you can bring ONE additional small under seat bag (handbag/Laptop) with a maximum size of 45 x 36 x 20cm which will need to be placed under the seat in front. In order to secure your overhead locker space we recommend that you use easyJet Plus Speedy Boarding to be amongst the first to board the aircraft.
So they have done away with the guaranteed cabin bag and replaced it with one size. Plus and some others get a reasonable sized second bag. They gauges at STN have all been updated.

edi-traveller Mar 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Gaza (Post 24451236)
Like many on here I've been critical of LCCs. However, for the last year I've flown with easyJet virtually every week on the EDI-STN-EDI route. With only 2 exceptions they have been absolutely fine.

The 06:40 from EDI is almost always early and as I'm normally in Row 1 I can be at the Europcar desk within 5 mins of being on stand. Depending on how busy they are I can reach my office in Brentwood by 8:45 or sometimes even earlier.

I often wonder how the do it for the price. Last week I had to buy 3 'fill-in' return flights as my plans to work those week in Glasgow fell through. This was not booking well in advance but for this week and a fortnight after and another fortnight after that.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/znryd7palwi...304_090509.jpg

That works out at £26 per flight and includes my Row 1 seats.

Note the taxes and charges: £78. How BA can justify their rip-off fees is beyond me.

As I pay for this out of my own pocket (to be strickly accurate; out of my limited companies bank account ;) ) I need to keep my costs as low as possible.

In a few weeks time I will have reached 40 rentals with Europcar so will qualify for Privilege Elite VIP that gets me 2 years of Priority Pass membership.

Overall that means I will get similar benefits to a BA Silver:-

Fastrack at EDI (STN is a grey area but there are ways ;) )
Lounge Access at EDI and STN once the new lounge opens
Priority Boarding
Free choice of seats

What is there not to like about easyJet? :D:D

I've been using Easy Jet more recently too (I have an IOD card that gets me into the Aspire Lounge in EDI.

I've never once been late on about 10 flights.

Didn't particularly long meandering forced route march through the shops at STN.

Even 5 hours EDI-TFS was tolerable on Easy Jet.

For Domestic travel I struggle to get excite about BA anymore.