FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   What beverage do you have in front of you right now? -thru 2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/917096-what-beverage-do-you-have-front-you-right-now-thru-2021-a.html)

Visconti Dec 17, 2021 9:23 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol (Post 33820899)
I’ve had worse and paid more but that’s as good a compliment as I can muster.

LOL...not exactly a ringing endorsement. I take it you weren't all that impressed "with the other natural flavors"?

CoffeeTraveler Dec 17, 2021 10:51 am

A nice fresh cup of coffee

Visconti Dec 17, 2021 11:37 am

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ (Post 33818068)
Depends on the kettle... This one is compressable, But I was thinking car travel rather than flying travel so the type of kettle (other than size) wouldn't really matter. I assume you mean Dunkin Donuts rather than Duncan donuts (stupid autocorrect). Up here it's Timmie's, but yeah, I can see why it would help. I'm a tea drinker myself. I had a small bag of tea in my luggage just in case.

LOL...Unfortunately, no; but, I do appreciate your tactfulness here, all the same. I've been misspelling it as "Duncan" my entire life, and seem incapable of correcting it--one of those life mysteries I've just grown to accept.

StuckInYYZ Dec 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 33821359)
LOL...Unfortunately, no; but, I do appreciate your tactfulness here, all the same. I've been misspelling it as "Duncan" my entire life, and seem incapable of correcting it--one of those life mysteries I've just grown to accept.

Interesting. I think auto correct is a bad idea... convenient for sure. But it trains people to ignore proper spelling. (Ignoring the american vs. international spelling differences) Same thing as the emojis.

People mentioning Starbucks here... just reminds me of a Lewis Black segment... Timmies is just as prevalent here... Once place I worked at had 6x Timmies within a 10 minute walk... truly horrifying.

BuildingMyBento Dec 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Target's Pomegranate Dragon Fruit seltzer

BamaVol Dec 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 33820913)
LOL...not exactly a ringing endorsement. I take it you weren't all that impressed "with the other natural flavors"?

I wonder why they don’t specifically disclose what they are.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7c4dad1f3.jpeg

Another less than ringing endorsement - this tastes just like everybody else’s oatmeal stout.

CoffeeTraveler Dec 17, 2021 6:56 pm

Celebration fresh hop IPA. Cheers

Visconti Dec 17, 2021 10:49 pm

Glass of wine from a bottle of inexpensive Pinot Noir, compliments of the hotel. My business has concluded and I can now relax and just enjoy the time I have remaining here. I may just finish off the entire bottle before dozing off...

CoffeeTraveler Dec 18, 2021 10:54 am

Loose leaf Oolong tea

BamaVol Dec 18, 2021 11:46 am

Gatorade Zero Sugar - orange flavor

Visconti Dec 19, 2021 8:39 am

Large cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee with a dash of cream.

PS - I spelled it right this time and may have rectified one of my most often misspelled words of my life. Yay me!

StuckInYYZ Dec 19, 2021 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 33826012)
Large cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee with a dash of cream.

PS - I spelled it right this time and may have rectified one of my most often misspelled words of my life. Yay me!

Lol. One thing I do when I remember is try to clean the dictionary on my phone... As I type messages, if I see words that I would never use or are misspelt, I actually take the time to remove the word... It doesn't apply in your case as Duncan is a legitimate name, but gotta love auto correct.

As for what I'm drinking... Instant HK-style milk tea. Will graduate to macha tea a little later.

BamaVol Dec 19, 2021 5:36 pm

I just poured myself a cup of Chobani Oat Nog. I added a shot of Diplomatico Venezuelan rum. I sprinkled nutmeg on the top.

Its not my favorite rum, but I can’t imagine a worse drink. Vile says it in a word.

CoffeeTraveler Dec 19, 2021 5:47 pm

Oolong tea

Visconti Dec 20, 2021 5:10 am

Back from NYC, and have resorted to my customary morning Keurig, this time it's Peets Major Dickenson blend.