Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
Moderators' Note:

Thoughtful concerns have been raised about this thread....

After due consideration, we've decided that in the interest of a) not creating an opportunity for post-padding -- intentional or not -- (barred by FT Rule 14); and b) having a thread that is not unintentionally dominated by a small number of people (giving space for other voices), going forward there will be a two-post-per 24 hours rule in place. We hope that this will give more diverse voices the opportunity to chime in.

We'll be merging or deleting posts that don't follow this rule.

Thanks for you understanding.

cblaisd & iluv2fly
Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

What beverage do you have in front of you right now? -thru 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
The first icy cold Diet Coke of the day - always the best.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:26 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Black coffee
Old May 20, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
~73.5 hours later, dear riders
large mcds coffee (how dare I!)
Old May 21, 2019, 9:16 am

Bottled water.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by kipper
Fat Tire has seemingly been my go-to beer lately, when nothing else looks interesting. I think because it is enjoyable and predictable.
Fat Tire was all the rage when I first got in the bar business in Texas, 23 years ago. It's a solid "micro brew" that has turned into a national macro brew, kind of like Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada.
With the explosion of local craft breweries now, we don't serve anything on tap that's brewed more than 50 miles away from my bars, with the exception of the Irish Prozac, Guinness, just too much of a pub standard to ever do away with.

As for the thread topic, I'm drinking a tall Jameson and soda, winding down a long weekend of installing a new POS system.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
My second cup of black dark roast courtesy of a Publix brand k-cup.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Fat Tire was all the rage when I first got in the bar business in Texas, 23 years ago. It's a solid "micro brew" that has turned into a national macro brew, kind of like Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada.
With the explosion of local craft breweries now, we don't serve anything on tap that's brewed more than 50 miles away from my bars, with the exception of the Irish Prozac, Guinness, just too much of a pub standard to ever do away with.

As for the thread topic, I'm drinking a tall Jameson and soda, winding down a long weekend of installing a new POS system.
For years, we couldn't get Fat Tire here. I love trying new beers, but when I'm looking to buy a six-pack to drink at home, unless I can do a mixed six, I don't want to buy something that I've never tried. I'd rather buy a staple and be happy with it. I'll save the new beers for out at the pub or the mixed six packs.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
For years, we couldn't get Fat Tire here. I love trying new beers, but when I'm looking to buy a six-pack to drink at home, unless I can do a mixed six, I don't want to buy something that I've never tried. I'd rather buy a staple and be happy with it. I'll save the new beers for out at the pub or the mixed six packs.
Agreed, and you're the exact reason breweries think it's so important to have their taps in bars/restaurants, people are likely to try one, then continue buying it in the grocery or liquor store.
I don't drink much beer at home, and I get all the free samples I can handle at work, but I know our local upscale grocery store, Central Market, let's you do mixed sixes of almost everything in the store except some really expensive Belgian trippels and quads.
N.B., I think Colorado is still far and away the best local craft beer scene, even if a lot of them have gone nationwide, like New Belgium. My first few years in the bar biz, that's what we served as there were little to no craft breweries in Texas. In the last 15 or so years, D/FW area alone has gone from one (Rahr & Sons) to 44 at my last count!
Old May 27, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Agreed, and you're the exact reason breweries think it's so important to have their taps in bars/restaurants, people are likely to try one, then continue buying it in the grocery or liquor store.
I don't drink much beer at home, and I get all the free samples I can handle at work, but I know our local upscale grocery store, Central Market, let's you do mixed sixes of almost everything in the store except some really expensive Belgian trippels and quads.
N.B., I think Colorado is still far and away the best local craft beer scene, even if a lot of them have gone nationwide, like New Belgium. My first few years in the bar biz, that's what we served as there were little to no craft breweries in Texas. In the last 15 or so years, D/FW area alone has gone from one (Rahr & Sons) to 44 at my last count!
PA is odd in that we just recently allowed convenience store and grocery store sales. Those have some special requirements, so mixed sixes are only found at some grocery stores. I can't go to a convenience store and do a mixed six. I can't go to a beer distributor or a lot of six-pack shops and get a mixed six. So, I'll try new beers on tap or in bottles at bars, and will settle for ones I know are decent for home.
BamaVol likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PA is odd in that we just recently allowed convenience store and grocery store sales. Those have some special requirements, so mixed sixes are only found at some grocery stores. I can't go to a convenience store and do a mixed six. I can't go to a beer distributor or a lot of six-pack shops and get a mixed six. So, I'll try new beers on tap or in bottles at bars, and will settle for ones I know are decent for home.
I’m like you most of the time. But I will occasionally buy a strange six pack. It doesn’t always work out but I’m a slow learner and I do have several people at work that will trade beers with me for the sake of trying something different at no financial risk.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol

I’m like you most of the time. But I will occasionally buy a strange six pack. It doesn’t always work out but I’m a slow learner and I do have several people at work that will trade beers with me for the sake of trying something different at no financial risk.
Most of my coworkers are more into hard liquor unfortunately.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Willet rye, 3 year IIRC. 110 proof for this batch.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Berry flavored coconut water.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:59 pm

Black coffee
Old May 30, 2019, 8:29 am

Black coffee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.