FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   Things You Order To Make The Server Say "huh?" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/878874-things-you-order-make-server-say-huh.html)

AllTheNamesWhereTaken Dec 10, 2008 8:17 pm

The South African in me really misses a decent, toasted chicken mayo sandwich.

NO, I do not want a chicken salad sandwich...yuck....If I have to, grill the entire sandwich, with the chicken salad concoction already on the bread.

Such a simple thing, yet I always end up with two slices of toast with cold chicken salad on it.

Flight405 Dec 12, 2008 5:52 am

UALfromMSN You're the same as me! I say to people don't go all out veggie, just have a little meat with your meal.:p

Flight405 Dec 12, 2008 5:58 am

Originally Posted by dchristiva (Post 10842684)
One of my favorite winter drinks is a Snowball, with either lemon-lime soda or lemonade mixed with Advocaat. I've rarely found a bar that has Advocaat, so I generally have to enjoy them at home. Ordering one from a waitperson or bartender usually elicits "what's in that?" followed by a frown when I say "Advocaat".

You're one person bartenders hate - have you ever tried washing up a glass that's had Advocaat in it?:p

quartermoon Dec 12, 2008 7:18 am

Many years ago, my husband and I decided that life was short. Therefore, many times one of us will order dessert first. If the server gets it right, they get an extra tip. Even if you say "I'll have the Chocolate Thunder From Down Under first, then the Pork Tenderloin and iced tea," some servers just don't register exactly what you said. They bring your meal, then dessert. The tip goes down for failure to pay attention.

Having dessert first is one of pleasures of eating out while travelling. Gets the attention of your travelling companions who are having salad while you have cheesecake.

We do this once during every business trip, just to remind us that life should be enjoyed.

dchristiva Dec 15, 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Flight405 (Post 10896767)
You're one person bartenders hate - have you ever tried washing up a glass that's had Advocaat in it?:p

Yeah. What's the big deal? At holiday time, I probably have a couple of Snowballs a week. No problems washing out the glass. :confused:

Diplomatico Dec 16, 2008 7:35 am

"I'll have the mint chocolate tuna fish pizza, please."

miss1K Dec 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk (Post 10551510)
Hah ... I'll do that next time .. just out of amusement :D

Great idea ... I bet they'll argue somewhat at such a request!

muskoka Dec 22, 2008 6:23 pm

"Four fried chickens and a coke, and some dry white
toast, please" ;)

mlshanks Dec 27, 2008 2:51 am

Originally Posted by mlshanks
If you call in advance, my favorite Russian restaurant will have a bottle of your favorite Vodka frozen *in the middle* of a block of ice with nothing but the neck exposed, ready for pouring neat. Nastrovya!

Originally Posted by crabbing (Post 10844502)
gde eta restoran? is it in the LA area, or somewhere else?

Old Kiev [despite the name, really more Russian than Ukranian] , In L.A.'s San Fernando Valley suburb of Encino on Ventura Blvd between White Oak and Balboa.

crabbing Dec 31, 2008 6:26 am

cnacu6o! too bad i don't live in LA anymore.